• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Jsat gliding courses 2015

actechy14

LAC
Hello ladies and gents.

If any of you dont know, JSAT offer gliding courses at Halton. Its a one week course (Monday-Friday) that aims to give you your solo glider pilot achievement. Even if your not planning on doing it after the course, it's a good way to spend the week, and it doesnt cost you a penny. Here's a link to a video from when I was there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KiVQLXtCGws&feature=youtu.be

Courses for this year are coming to an end, but make sure you apply for next year as I doubt they will last long the way our beloved air force is going.

Cheers.

Max Reheat

Resident Drunk
1000+ Posts
Well reminded. Work pretty much ruled me out last year and the height limit was a worry. Will apply for the next course

actechy14

LAC
It's definitely worth pushing for.

As for the video not being available, I'll have a look at the settings. Where are you?

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
I did a gliding course at Bicester donkeys ago...absolutely brilliant and if like me you're a person who likes having an engine roaring away somewhere on your aircraft you'll also find it challenging to sit in relative silence whilst perpetually looking for flat bits to land on should you biff getting back to where you set off!

Spearmint

Ex-Harrier Mafia Member
1000+ Posts
It's been a couple of years since I last did some AT so I'll be happily banging in an application for this course when I get back. :)