• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

JROC preparation

C

carboncopy

Hi all,

This is my first post as I have been reading through the forums for a fair while without contributing thus far.

I'm currently preparing myself for JROC, and have been solidly for the past three months. I've reached a decent level of fitness for myself, but I would like to know if anyone has any specific tips to aim for when it comes to the course itself.

Most of the reg guys I've spoken to have told me cardio is the way to go, with that helping in the long distance tabs. Navigation was mentioned as something else to try and work on, plus a few weighted tabs here and there. Is there anything anyone else can add?

I run 12 miles a week, 8 and 4 milers
weight training 2-3 days a week
circuits 2-3 days a week
swimming / bike riding on days in between these other exercises.

Thanks in advance for your responses, much appreciated.