• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

JPAC and redundancies......

olliepop

Corporal
Hi all.... Just a quick heads up so, you do not make the same mistake as I did earlier.
I still haven't received my redundancy final forcast (due out 11/12/12). So, I phoned JPAC a month ago to find out where it was and to make sure all was hunky dory.... According to that advisor it was and was being sent in post... Anyhoo... Back to today... Still no forcast. So, I phoned again...This time 'advisor' tells me that not only has my forcast not been sent but the amount on his screen is roughly £60,000 less than what I was expecting....PANIC!!!!!! After, chatting some more I was told that I had to send a fax to the redundancy focal point asking them to send me my forcast... When I enquired about the missing 60K I was told... 'I am sure it will sort itself out one way or another. Maybe you misread your initial letter' ....... I was told I couldn't contact anyone directly but could just fax them and wait and see what went into my account....
To me that's not a good enough answer....I hung up! Second phone call to JPAC and I get a supervisor.... Who tells me that they are not trained in any redundancy stuff and that the person I spoke to previously should have said that! Funny old thing, there were numbers I could phone myself..... Moral of the story... Don't listen to people who do not know what they are talking about...Not their fault if they are not trained but, they should say. Anyhow, phone the focal point at high Wycombe if you have questions...Not JPAC. I didn't know this..... But now you do.
Just gotta find out where my missing money is...........FFS! I can't believe I thought they might actually not screw this up!

olliepop

Corporal
Further to last post.... DO NOT phone High Wycombe for help as the redundancy focal point team has been disbanded.... Another phone call to JPAC and another discussion with someone who this time is trained in redundancy.... Still not answered my questions, still none the wiser. For those of you in Tranche 1...How long did it take for your redundancy money to go into your account and also, do the payments go in separately ie, pension then redundancy payment or together.

Cheers as I am totally lost now since my conversations with JPAC.

olliepop

Corporal
Me again.....Finally got answered I needed. Panic over.... For anyone who needs advice wrt redundancy issues.. Phone JPAC 08000853600 Press 7 for redundancies.... Ask for someone who is trained in redundancies..Ask them to raise a service request if they can't help and you will get a call back from the redundancy team who know what they are on about.
Good luck to you all OP.

FootTapper

Sergeant
Cheers for posting the number - are they the right people to call to get the figure we're expecting to hit our bank accounts?

Lcfcfox1

LAC
JPAC try to input all the monies within about ten days after you exit the service (usually sooner). The forecast that you received with your redundancy letter is accurate to within a few pounds, but will NOT take into account any increments etc that you are due.A final forecast of your benefits will also be sent out to you AFTER you exit the service.

Last edited:

olliepop

Corporal
Footapper...Sorry for late reply....

If you haven't phoned already then yes... but you need to raise a service request with JPAC (Phone them and ask to)... Tell them what you are after, ie your final redundancy calculation...Not your pension entitlement... Then some nice chappy / chapess who is trained in redundancy will phone you back and answer your questions..... Like Lcfcfox1 said... Not much if any difference from your initial forecast. But I was told that the payments are going to be released for action on the 11 th dec and with a bit of luck should be in by 17 Dec at earliest.... Fingers crossed and will believe it when I see it... :)

clungemobile

Corporal
Just checked my account and some of the dosh has been paid in.

Apparently this is just the special capital payment followed in 3-5 working days by the gratuity...pheeewww!

FootTapper

Sergeant
Ollie - cheers for that, called JPAC and hit 7, spoke to a nice bloke who had no idea what I meant by "Redundancy trained" - but was able to tell me the exact final figure for SCP, as well as how much my final pay figure at the end of the month will be :)

Now if it just wouldn't mind appearing in my bank that would be great. Impatient? me?

clungemobile

Corporal
Ollie - cheers for that, called JPAC and hit 7, spoke to a nice bloke who had no idea what I meant by "Redundancy trained" - but was able to tell me the exact final figure for SCP, as well as how much my final pay figure at the end of the month will be :)

Now if it just wouldn't mind appearing in my bank that would be great. Impatient? me?

Did you get it paid then FT?

I've been worried all night......:pDT_Xtremez_42:

FootTapper

Sergeant
Got a phone call from bank yesterday - first time they've ever phoned to say I have money, they've called me enough times to say I didn't! They said payment was pending.

Checked last night at 2300, nothing. Checked again at 0130 this morning and I was rich beyond my wildest dreams. (My dreams aren't especially wild)

As of a couple of hours ago I am now absolutely debt free, no CC balance, no finance, no HP nothing. Only money I owe is for my house :)

SORRY CJ

Flight Sergeant
Thats good mate. I had the bank do the same to me telling me the amount and that it would be in the following day, which it was....Happy Days.

Mr SCJ