• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Jpa

vinnyvx2

LAC
I was reading the pre JPA thread and it reminded me of the hassle we had migrating from cardexs to SAMA. Then I remembered from a recent visit to Oracle that release 11 of Oracle (JPA) will not be supported beyond Mar 2013. In my new government department we've been told we'll need to a completely reinstall Oracle to be able to move from Release 11 to release 12, which in itself will costs milliions. I assume JPA is release 11 as well... You guys could be in for an interesting time with JPA in 2013. I assume work is underway in the MOD to move to release 12 or Fusion?

Having said that the ESS/MSS interface is much more like windows and the poxy radio buttons are done away with, unfortunately core forms still has the clunky interface.

If you can get yourself some Oracle experience/qualifiactions whilst you are in the RAF do so, it's a licence to print money as a contractor

C

CC

Nice post fella; but I seriously doubt the MoD has done anything about this. Do you think I'd get a GEMS if I proposed bringing back Kardex??? :pDT_Xtremez_30: