• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

JPA Question

Joe_90

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
Could somebody please give me some advice as I have just been chased out of PSF as it is closed this afternoon (Probably to try and do all the extra work JPA has caused)

I applied for an AIP March last year and it looked like it had come through this month at last, unfortunately I just got the back pay leading up to my annual Pay Increment which is May and I haven't actually went up a pay level. I think the computer has put me from Level 3 to 4 leading up to the annual Increment which is correct but didn't put me from 4 to 5 after it, should I just hang on and go and see my PSF staff about this or should I just phone the glorified telephone operators at the JPAC?

Thanks for any help you can give.

D

DrunkenMonki

The AIP should take into account annual increments. Mine went through pre JPA, but did take into account the raises, in effect I went from level 4 to 6 straight away. I'd ring the evil ones!

skevans

Flight Sergeant
Ring the monkeys at the JPAC.

You are out of pocket because of them, so get on to them about it.

PSFbeatch

Corporal
your psf should be able to deal with this... as it is 'legacy' ie before the 1st April, it will have gone to the 'legacy' team for processing. On your pay statement you should have had transistional basic on your pay statement (which will attribute to the monies owed in march) and then basic pay arrears which will refer to the rest.

When AIP's first were trialled on JPA, they wouldnt work, then then put on a new competence which will pick up on your pay. A lot of people went without as there was no way of picking up who they were! Which is what you may have fallen foul too. You will need to check on your competences on JPA and check if it says Q|Q-PIA , if it does, you will need to bring that PSF's attention for them to put Pay|QPIA on, and ask them to date it 1st April ( you should have had your money back for March) and put it on the retro pay spreadsheet (this will ensure that you are placed on the retro run...as its not done for over three months unless requested)

Its not quite as straight forward really when looking into these things from a clk perspective... there are other factors i would need to look at ie your trade, and if you are a technician whether you are q-ops or not, and when, etc.

Some techies were advised to put an aip on completion of their btec, and before q-ops was awarded. Which is crazy as you will only benefit in the short term and not the long.

ie... before q-ops
SAC Bloggs is on high level 3... completes btec and then goes to high level 4... becomes q-ops then becomes level 5.

or
after q-ops
SAC Bloggs is high level 3...becomes 1-ops and then is high level 5... put aip becomes high level 6.

if this applies to you then you can potentially appeal if you were given duff gen thru flt cdr to chf clk who will present to the PACC.

anyway enough psycho babble... pm me if you need help.

Major Geek

Sergeant
Nice answer beatch! Is it right that you can claim 2 AIPs in your career? Its that long since I did my first I cant remember much about them.

PSFbeatch

Corporal
Nice answer beatch! Is it right that you can claim 2 AIPs in your career? Its that long since I did my first I cant remember much about them.

yes you can claim 2....

dependant on your rank etc...

Q-PI-A SAC
Q-PI-B Cpl
Q-PI-C Sgt
Q-PI-D Any rank

ie an SAC can put in (provided they meet the qualifying criteriia as laid out in JSP 754) Q-PI-A and Q-PI-D

or you can put Q-PI-A in as an SAC and when you are promoted put in Q-PI-B

or SAC can submit Q-PI-A and Q-PI-D(which is generally of diploma/degree level and isnt rank specific

clear as mud lol!

but yes 2 in your career

Major Geek

Sergeant
How come you got a career?

Well I have a career but its outside the Air Force. I still have time to get another AIP in though as I am on a course finishing this summer and I'm out next summer.

So by my reckoning I will get a level increase in Feb (promotion anniversary), then a pay rise in April, AIP in the summer, then another rank increase and pay rise next year. Then promoted to civvie.

Thanks for the info beatch.

Talking of AIP's I wonder if I can use my recently obtained BSc to get a pay rise, must check the JSP. Failing that I believe the trade sponsor maybe coming my way soon maybe I should ask his advice.

PSFbeatch

Corporal
Talking of AIP's I wonder if I can use my recently obtained BSc to get a pay rise, must check the JSP. Failing that I believe the trade sponsor maybe coming my way soon maybe I should ask his advice.

depends on its subject i think, it has to be trade related, and/or beneficial to the RAF. But you would qualify for Q-Pi-D at that level

depends on its subject i think, it has to be trade related, and/or beneficial to the RAF. But you would qualify for Q-Pi-D at that level

Don't worry I know how the pay incentive system works you don't need to teach a fellow clk how to apply for one.

In the past I've managed to get a pay incentive for an MT Driver for a BTEC in Lesiure and Tourism, the paperwork had to goto the Trade Sponsor, my Sgt at the time suggested I send the details to the trade sponsor for his decision it came back as acceptable something to do with the make up of the units much to the surprise of my Chf Clk, my Sgt and the individual concerned. So it doesn't do any harm to pass things like that to the trade sponsor you often get surprises.

True Blue Jack

Warrant Officer
.. as it is 'legacy' ie before the 1st April, it will have gone to the 'legacy' team for processing.

There's only one problem with your answer PSFbeatch. The legacy team does not exist any more (I know, I was one of them). The only recourse now is to go through JPAC, making sure they understand it's a legacy problem.

I've got to admit, I've been slightly out of the loop for the last couple of months because I'm on my holidays in Bosnia. Talking to people back in Blighty it seems as though we're back at square one, i.e., JPAC won't talk to HR Admin about another individual's pay. Which means we're going back down the road of teaching techies how to read their pay statements, and coaching them on how to word their iSupports. Deep joy!

PSFbeatch

Corporal
There's only one problem with your answer PSFbeatch. The legacy team does not exist any more (I know, I was one of them). The only recourse now is to go through JPAC, making sure they understand it's a legacy problem.

I've got to admit, I've been slightly out of the loop for the last couple of months because I'm on my holidays in Bosnia. Talking to people back in Blighty it seems as though we're back at square one, i.e., JPAC won't talk to HR Admin about another individual's pay. Which means we're going back down the road of teaching techies how to read their pay statements, and coaching them on how to word their iSupports. Deep joy!

it would have depended when he sent it

True Blue Jack

Warrant Officer
Everything submitted to the JPAC and/or legacy team up to 31 Jul 06 was resolved satisfactorily. That included some 3000 legacy inputs and 6000 SRs. EDS resumed responsibility for everything submitted from 1 Aug onwards.

Since the problem has clearly not been resolved then it didn't come to us. Like I said, Joe 90 has no option but to speak to the JPAC (poor sod).

Joe_90

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
I sent an e-mail to the JPAC last week because when I went into PSF the girl in there said "I have no idea what they've done". Unfortunately I have a feeling that the JPAC will have even less idea. I'm on leave just now so I will check it all when I get back. Thanks for your advice though folks.

PSFbeatch

Corporal
I sent an e-mail to the JPAC last week because when I went into PSF the girl in there said "I have no idea what they've done". Unfortunately I have a feeling that the JPAC will have even less idea. I'm on leave just now so I will check it all when I get back. Thanks for your advice though folks.

I wouldnt have took that as an answer! Shes an administrator that not an answer! I would have been fuming!

PSFbeatch

Corporal
Everything submitted to the JPAC and/or legacy team up to 31 Jul 06 was resolved satisfactorily. That included some 3000 legacy inputs and 6000 SRs. EDS resumed responsibility for everything submitted from 1 Aug onwards.

Since the problem has clearly not been resolved then it didn't come to us. Like I said, Joe 90 has no option but to speak to the JPAC (poor sod).

We were told there were over 20000 legacy inputs, or was that someone pulling our leg?? Both myself and some of my colleagues have sent stuff to legacy despite faxing emailing and god knows what else, which have still not been done, and its a mixture of stuff from subspay to home to duty inputs. Ive sent one lads stuff of 4 times between JPA coming on and now, and its still not been done!

Joe_90

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
I wouldnt have took that as an answer! Shes an administrator that not an answer! I would have been fuming!

She did offer to do the email herself but as JPA is supposed to be self service I said I would try it myself first. I was told that if I had no luck she would try and take it further.