• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

JPA Hits Back

SgtScribbly

Corporal
Pay2000 was introduced in accordance with the government policy on performance related pay

You dont have to be good to get your increment, just satisfactory. If your perfomance over the reporting year has been unsatisfactory then you quite rightly do not received your increment

SgtScribbly

Corporal
Not a lot of people know that admin discharge is also a lot easier now. The decision now can effectively be made at Stn Cdr (admitedly endorsed at Cmd) level to give an amdin burden the boot.

E

exerk

Not a lot of people know that admin discharge is also a lot easier now. The decision now can effectively be made at Stn Cdr (admitedly endorsed at Cmd) level to give an amdin burden the boot.

One time, and only time, in my career I and a fellow Cpl was asked by a Chief whether I thought someone was ready for promo (time, JT to Cpl). The answer was no and it was delayed by a year. That man had spine, but thereafter towards the end of my time it seems that the climate of redress, or the threat of it, prevented people from clamping down.

In the early nineties we had a linie who was frankly dangerous. After nearly a year he was still not passed out to work without supervision, despite being sent off for an assim course not normally given to linie's already on type. The course report on him recommended 'a further period of in-service training' so we in the training cell were straight on the SEngO's back to get him binned...he got posted - Somebody Else's Problem. Met one of his Halton instructors who told me they'd tried binning him at the airfields stage - no dice, too far through training. Would he be binned now or offered retraining? Can people now remuster 'down' for non-medical reasons?

E

exerk

Down?

Read the sentence without that word in it, it still makes sense but sounds so much less condescending.

The reason I put it that way was due to my understanding that it was not possible to remuster to a TG lower than the persons current TG, unless medical reasons precluded continuance in the persons current TG. It was not meant to be condescending, just poor sentence structure.

I knew a lad who 'remustered' from Carpenter (TG?) to A Mech (TG1) because they were binning the trade, and when they decided against it asked to return to his original trade. Although he hadn't completed trade training he was not allowed back - reason, as above regarding remustering 'down'.

Not having been a scribbly, or in a remuster situation, I may be barking up the wrong tree so happy to be corrected if wrong.