• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

JPA access from the outside world

Entropy

Sergeant
Is it till the case that you cannot access JPA from the internet. I have been searching DLE but cannot find a link from there.

gray

Sergeant
There are plans to make JPA available, but they still don't have a workeable solution yet....

Entropy

Sergeant
Thanks, didn't think I could but was hoping to be told otherwise.

I have forgotten my password so need to call the helpdesk, unfortunately they don't work weekends so its a royal pain to get it reset and not let it expire before I am next on the Sqn. Will have to raise the problem with the Sqn nearer to my next flight weekend.

Digzster

Sergeant
There are plans to make JPA available, but they still don't have a workeable solution yet....

They better sort out their computer security first before they even think attaching to the WWW.

JPA was one of the worst systems ever tested. Despite severe warnings, test teams were ignored to meet roll out dates.

muttywhitedog

Retired Rock Star 5.5.14
1000+ Posts
My workplace have an Oracle HR system that is almost identical to JPA. Over the coming year we are moving over to a new HR system called Metis that can be accessed from the www and via smartphones.

Stevienics

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
Can you imagine if a private sector company HR system was scheduled (scheduled mind you) to go down for 2 weeks solid every year with hundreds of additional down times spread throughout?

Would you procure it? You'd be fired for even suggesting it, but upon such tomfoolery in the public sector, knighthoods hang.