• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Joining the Australian Air Force

Does anybody know what happens with regards to your pension if you join the Australian or NZ Air Force?

I mean, does it continue with them, the way it would if you joined one of the emergency services here after leaving the RAF.

Ive been given conflicting advice about this, any ideas?

What about joining the Aus or NZ Air Force in general? What do you think? Any horror stories?

Pension

Pension

I mate of mine went across last year after 22+.(NZ) His previous service counted as a big fat zero as far as continuance of the pension is concerned. Previous service time/rank on leaving may have a bearing on the rank you join them at after training but that is about it. The pay is fairly low compared to similar ranks here and the cost of living isn't as low as is generally thought.

His pension just about brings him up to what he was earning here when one rank lower! If he does 15 years with them he gets their pension too!

Having said that he and his family seem to love it over there so its six and half a dozen!