• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

John Cook , Ex Tornado and Typhoon Rigger

I Look Like Kevin Costner

Grand Prix fanatic..
Heard of the sudden death of one of my Halton course mates and a man that had a direct effect on my life. John Cook was a direct entrant Rigger techie that joined the RAF in 1984. He wasn't the O level boy that pissed off the mechanics, but a timed served apprentice in the north west newspaper presses that did the northern nationals in the early Eighties. He was from Penwortham (and a fine pad as well). Joined up as a Rigger in April 1984. Was on AAD119 until pass out in March 1985. Posted to Valley as close to Preston but realised Valley was shite. Exchanged to TTTE Cottesmore and was on Tornado GR1s and F3s until Tornados were replaced at Coningsby by Typhoon. On the Sqns then until deciding to bang out and did Saudi. An offer to visit his home town did change my life a little bit. Good memories. I last saw John at Coningsby in 2006, 20 years made recognition hard until my photographic memory of the past kicked in. His sudden death leaves a wife and daughter in deep mourning. RIP Cookie.

qqqqqqqq

LAC
Heard of the sudden death of one of my Halton course mates and a man that had a direct effect on my life. John Cook was a direct entrant Rigger techie that joined the RAF in 1984. He wasn't the O level boy that pissed off the mechanics, but a timed served apprentice in the north west newspaper presses that did the northern nationals in the early Eighties. He was from Penwortham (and a fine pad as well). Joined up as a Rigger in April 1984. Was on AAD119 until pass out in March 1985. Posted to Valley as close to Preston but realised Valley was shite. Exchanged to TTTE Cottesmore and was on Tornado GR1s and F3s until Tornados were replaced at Coningsby by Typhoon. On the Sqns then until deciding to bang out and did Saudi. An offer to visit his home town did change my life a little bit. Good memories. I last saw John at Coningsby in 2006, 20 years made recognition hard until my photographic memory of the past kicked in. His sudden death leaves a wife and daughter in deep mourning. RIP Cookie.
RIP John, fond memories at Halton.

Billy Whizz

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
RIP

Was on AAD 123 so got to Halton a month before AAD 119 were passing out so our paths would have crossed.

Sad times :-(