• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Johhny Longstaff

G

gemarriott

It is with great sorrow that I have to inform you all that Johnny Longpants Longstaff passed peacefully away in his sleep in the wee small hours of Dec 23 after a brave but ultimately unsuccessful fight against Leukaemia

Our prayers and thoughts are with
Yvonne, Jessica and Beth and the rest of his family,

RIP Johnny

W

wgaf

Bad news at any time but at this time of year it's heartbraking thoughts and condolencies with the family and freinds.
RIP

F

Full-PHAT-Roller

Very bad news, it's always sad news to hear of the loss of a member of the service. Thoughts with the family, Rest In Peace.

B

BigVern

John.

Opened the port this Christmas morning, first was for you John and we shared the next one.

Yvonne, Jessica and Beth, thinking of you all - especially today.

Andy M

G

gemarriott

John Longstaff - Funeral Arrangements.

The funeral service for John will take place on Fri 5th Jan 07 at 14:00 in St George's Church, RAF Marham; followed by the burial in the Commonwealth War Grave Cemetery in Marham village. After the burial it is planned to hold a wake in the WO & Sgts' Mess.

Yvonne has asked that no flowers be sent and instead donations to Shouldham Ward at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital, King's Lynn would be greatly appreciated. A collection will be made during the service and the proceeds will be forwarded to Shouldham Ward.

The policy line is Service personnel are to wear No1 Dress with medals; Officers, gloves and black arm bands, but I'm sure that the most important bit is that you get there if you can.

There is a limited amount of Service accommodation available, but the various mess' will not be open until the new year and I'm sure will be allocated on a first come first served basis.

Should you require further information please contact me at "tomthompson_uk@yahoo.co.uk" or from next Wednesday 3rd Jan 07 at work on 01760 337261 Ext 3512.

Finally, I hope to put a book together for Yvonne and the girls of Johns exploits both large and small. Any short stories that you wish to pen up and send along with any pictures you have would be gratefully received.

Please pass this information on to all, if anyone can put it onto e-goat I'd appreciate it. Hope to see a lot of you next Friday, in the mean time have a great New Year.

Tom Thompson.