• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Jaguar mainplane differences GR1A and T2A

fatbaldchief

Corporal
Here is one for the Jaguar Rigger boys out there:

Is there any difference between the mainplanes on Jaguar GR1A aircraft and T2A aircraft?

Could the mainplanes be swapped between aircraft?

Thanks in anticipation
:pDT_Xtremez_28:

I Look Like Kevin Costner

Grand Prix fanatic..
Major difference is that the GR1 had a HF ariel built into the stbd No 1 Leading Edge Panel (a large part was di-electric). The T-Bird wing had a metallic panel.
The GR wings also had the provision for Overwing Winder plyons post GW1.

However the wings were the same in mounting and in all wing mounted looms and attachments (bar Sidewinder mods) are the same.

Guys I work with, who did the last wing changes at Colt, say that a GR wing was fitted to a T-bird. It was only realized when they tried to fit the square "No Step" panels. These needed to be trimmed to fit but the aircraft flew with it under a concession............

fatbaldchief

Corporal
Major difference is that the GR1 had a HF ariel built into the stbd No 1 Leading Edge Panel (a large part was di-electric). The T-Bird wing had a metallic panel.
The GR wings also had the provision for Overwing Winder plyons post GW1.

However the wings were the same in mounting and in all wing mounted looms and attachments (bar Sidewinder mods) are the same.

Guys I work with, who did the last wing changes at Colt, say that a GR wing was fitted to a T-bird. It was only realized when they tried to fit the square "No Step" panels. These needed to be trimmed to fit but the aircraft flew with it under a concession............

Brilliant exactly what I needed!! Thanks ILLKC :pDT_Xtremez_30: