• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Is this the biggest con/rip off?

penfold93

Rex Craymer Man of Danger
Staff member
Subscriber
Like many of you my TV seems awash with advertisers guilt tripping us after the seasonal binge eating and drinking.

According to food manufacturers we are all now gluten/lactose intolerant and need to be vegan as well but the advert that's gripping me the most at the moment is PELETON.

For those that haven't seen it look here. But basically its a spinning bike connected to a webcam/screen so you can do a spinning class at home.

Mrs Fold mentioned it saying it looked like a good idea so I looked it up, f**k me you need to be a wealthy loon to even think of buying it.

The basic bike cost (lowest) is £1990 and then you have to subscribe to website for the princely sum of £39/ month.

For those prices you could buy and run a car, drive to your nearest gym get membership and access all their spinning classes, plus any other classes, all the gym equipment and possibly pool, sauna, Jacuzzi etc.

The only plus side I can see from the website is the profile pictures of the female instructors who are all stunning but I suspect that the opportunity to ogle them sweating away in lycra will be limited especially if they can see you!

ninjarabbi

Warrant Officer
Utter con but no doubt their will be many Lycra-clad fools who go for it. My gym membership costs about £300/ year, it has all the kit I like including a swimming pool and I can go there whenever I want to.

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
First rule of thumb, anything advertised on daytime tee vee is a con, my own personal current hate is how taking a loan out on your home is considered to be generating a tax free lump sum.

Equity Release will be next PPI scandal, either that or abuses of Pension Freedoms with people transferring out of DB ones.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ktuludays

LAC
Any cyclists in the know would avoid that like the plague.

With a smart turbo and your existing bike there is a brilliant multi player "game" called zwift for just £12.99 per month.

Smart turbo's range from £200 to £1000's. The beauty is you use your existing bike so no additional cost there.

Keeps me cycling during the british winters

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

SAXAVORDIAN

Sergeant
Or if anyone any gumption would join a cycling club or have a few lessons around the velodrome. Here in my fair city of the rain gods palace Manchester we have increase amounts of cycling. Peloton was my favourite part when cycling to work on the agency wages in the nineties, or could have been being late for work may have edge it.
:pDT_Xtremez_35:
Anyhoo! Got to laugh at these daft sods who fall for the equity release knowing the house has to sell more than the asking price to break even. Or the children inherit a millstone when they come sell. Didn't a lot of these equity come from the lords of the manor who in the end sold to English Heritage. There still another one going around of 50/50 house owning for new property. Question is though we are due another 10 year recession cycle according to seers, so anyone still reliant on credit still paying low interest rate mortgage or being duped by car loans start wearing bicycle clips.:pDT_Xtremez_11:

Stevienics

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
Do they do one for the people at the side of the road that just cheer on the lycra nazis and get s4itfaced at 10.30am?