• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Is there a problem or is it my laptop?

Fairynuff31

Corporal
Over the last couple of weeks I keep getting this:

'No valid link specified. If you followed a valid link, inform your Administrator.'

when I click on a thread in the forum.

Is this an issue with the website or something I can fix at my end?

Cheers

Barch

Grim Reaper 2016
1000+ Posts
What is the URL of the link that you are trying to follow?

rest have risen above me

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
It's a conspiracy as it's all the embarrass the RAF threads... (Emoticon of smiley with hand over eyes in a conspiratical way as the smilies aren't working)

We're being hacked boys...lol

Fairynuff31

Corporal
It's a conspiracy as it's all the embarrass the RAF threads... (Emoticon of smiley with hand over eyes in a conspiratical way as the smilies aren't working)

We're being hacked boys...lol

D'y know I thought that.... as this was exactly where I have seen these problems - The Red Arrow's money copier and Prince william 'PVR'...

Is this the Lizards at work?

FOMz

Warrant Officer
D'y know I thought that.... as this was exactly where I have seen these problems - The Red Arrow's money copier and Prince william 'PVR'...

Is this the Lizards at work?

No... We are looking into guys and will get it fixed as soon as we can.... be patient and keep the random speculation for Proone.

rest have risen above me

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
No... We are looking into guys and will get it fixed as soon as we can.... be patient and keep the random speculation for Proone.

I'm sorry but you would say that. I believe you were part of the team that released the "JFK assassination story" and the "Princess Diana accident report". (With a sort of smiley that is wearing dark glasses, carrying a rolled up Guardian newspaper and remarking that purple parrots fly South in this inclement weather.)

On a serious note it'll be quite interesting as to what the problem is.

Oldstacker

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
Now there's interesting..... If I try the Prince William thread from a 'New Posts' search t returns the error message... but when I tried the link in Mad Collie's post it worked fine......

rest have risen above me

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
Just as a bit of info for the geeks. The problem also happens when I defraud the RAF of five minutes time and a few MB of data on a RAF machine

At the risk of a wee bit of thread hijack, will the fix for this also sort the force close on the android telephone app?

I unfortunately have to do most of my Goat reading off a mobile device and it really grinds my gears when I can't view a thread because of the force close issue or I get half way through one of interest and it closes. I have tried the reload trick to no avail. It would be nice to get this sorted at the same time as the Techies fix the laptop thing please?

Jimps