• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Is an individuals background important

penfold93

Rex Craymer Man of Danger
Staff member
Subscriber
Just read an interesting article here about the perceived difference beteween Army cadets at Sandhurst and was surprised that there is still a high percentage of the cadets who are privately educated.

Does it make a difference in the RAF or in the military as a whole in the medical world there is educational snobbery as some Universities are seen as better than others but is that the case across the board?

Last edited:

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
I've certainly seen kids of high ranking dudes getting an easier ride of it...or kept in the training system way past their sell-by date.

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
To me it would be the confidence that individuals display if they come from a better background, including private education, that gives some an edge over others of a similar ability.

I mostly found pad brats to be self confident guys, and not just from the Zobs patch.

Class is probably a bit dead in the water, however, networking can give anyone a boost.

Always been surprised by how many lawyers don’t get paid that much, despite having taken one of the hardest degrees.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

FOMz

Warrant Officer
Or kept in the training system way past their sell-by date.

I've been witness to that happening as well.. seems a word from AVM Massingbird-Massingbird to keep the progeny in the training system until such time as he does 'pass' still happens.