• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Info on Al Udied

Webbo

Sergeant
Evening all, I've just been short noticed (3 weeks) for a 6 month det to Al Udied.

Any recent visitors who can give me any gen as the last time I was there was 2004.

Thanks. :pDT_Xtremez_28:

montheton

LAC
Was their in 2012. The accommodation was basic like portakabins joined together, air con, tv, wifi in the block was good enough to watch youtube and the like, bar area and bx were good, pool and gym facilities really good, mess excellent but repeats exactly on a 1 week cycle. brit welfare area ok with phone and internet access and wifi, bar, tv/console games room, 3 can rule especially the yank bar. If you are going soon it`ll be roasting, I was their in the winter and it was still mid 20`s.

All about the people

All about the people

Was their in 2012. The accommodation was basic like portakabins joined together, air con, tv, wifi in the block was good enough to watch youtube and the like, bar area and bx were good, pool and gym facilities really good, mess excellent but repeats exactly on a 1 week cycle. brit welfare area ok with phone and internet access and wifi, bar, tv/console games room, 3 can rule especially the yank bar. If you are going soon it`ll be roasting, I was their in the winter and it was still mid 20`s.

I reckon Montheton must have been there towards the end of 2012 or the start. I was there in the middle months and it was epic. The Brit bar had a more relaxed view of the 3 can rule then... Mind you I was the bar manager....

I have always found the better the people the better the Det. Get good people there the same time as you it will be great. If not... hope the time goes quick for you.

The wifi across the domestic site is fantastic - skype to home etc no problem from your accomodation if you have your own device.

He is right about the heat. It will be redders when you are there! The pool is the place to go there, if not to cool off but to admire the bronzed bodies on show - whichever your preference is!

Enjoy.

kevster

LAC
I have always found the better the people the better the Det. Get good people there the same time as you it will be great. If not... hope the time goes quick for you.

Unfortunately for you, there's a bloke who I used to work with who's also just been given a short notice 6 monther to Al Udeid at the same time as you, and he's a right chopper.

He's doing the quality job out there- avoid him like the plague if you can. Most unpopular bloke in NATO.

Webbo

Sergeant
Unfortunately for you, there's a bloke who I used to work with who's also just been given a short notice 6 monther to Al Udeid at the same time as you, and he's a right chopper.

He's doing the quality job out there- avoid him like the plague if you can. Most unpopular bloke in NATO.

You are a ****............:pDT_Xtremez_30:

Stevienics

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
I came back in March

What you wanna know? Depening upon which buit your sent to, the incumbant Quality position reported to me.

(Youre starter for 10. It's feckin hot right now)