• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

I'm Off to Saudi Arabia!

Fearless Leader

Corporal
Many thanks to the Goaters who PM'd me with gen on working for BAE Systems, I found out on Tuesday that I got the job and I should be heading out to Riyadh by the end of the year.

:pDT_Xtremez_30::pDT_Xtremez_30::pDT_Xtremez_30:

FOMDude

SAC
Congrats old chap!

I have a friend out there JG? who I believe is working within the RAF training our Saudi allies. Cannot be sure what exactly he is doing but he is in Saudi anyhow!

Good luck and report back on the Goat how you are getting on as some of us may need contacts out there after October!:pDT_Xtremez_42:

Inevertouchedit

Flight Sergeant
I spent 5 excellent years at Dhahran on ADV & IDS (as the Gooks call them), thoroughly recommend it.

Unfortunately I had to leave (very quickly) after some "distilling issues" came to light !!

Happy days..........

tourettes

Corporal
Well done on getting the job mate, you never know I might be tempted to look along those lines in few years time!

Sergeant
Worked at Tabuk and Dharan,not much fun if you are married only home for nine weeks a year.Having said that it did pay off the morgage and put some money in the bank.Dont let any one tell you Suadi is dry you can go out every night of the week and get hammered.We had a micro brewery going in the villa re-brewing non alcoholic beer+making wine from grape juice+a nice line in a fruit based gin.Iv seen more alcoholics in suadi than the uk.Thing to remember is you are there for the money,sod the suadi air force and sod bae,because thay will fukc you if its between you and a suadi, you loose.