• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

im hacked off with rip off mobile phone companies

justintime129

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
Im into the xmas spirit and was going to donate via text some money to severdl charities. So ive listened to several adverts on radio and tv. The advert goes like this. Text us £3 and it costs you £3 plus 1 standard text. No problem I think, but then thry say we are guaranteed to receive £2.97. This winds me up I want all my £3 to go to the charity. I dont want some mobile phone company skimming off 3p. It might not seem like much but it doon adds up.

While im at as anyone seen the advert for a donation of £19 to a children's chsrity5. Why cant you donate what you want. Not everybody can afford £19 but could afford a couple of quid

sid the squid

Sergeant
i seem to remember children in need asking for a fiver of which the whole amount went to the charity which is brilliant. As for these cheeky ****ers asking for 19 quid or whatever i think thats taking the **** , a fiver is probably about right but over that and they are taking liberties.There is one on the tv at the moment for the sally army and i think thats around 19 quid.

G

Gord

i seem to remember children in need asking for a fiver of which the whole amount went to the charity which is brilliant. As for these cheeky ****ers asking for 19 quid or whatever i think thats taking the **** , a fiver is probably about right but over that and they are taking liberties.There is one on the tv at the moment for the sally army and i think thats around 19 quid.

The Sally Ann give approximately 85% of what they collect to the charities they support. Most of these other charities you see on TV have administration fees, ie salaries to those who run them, of at least 80%. If any given charity receives more than 10% of what is collected in their name, they are extremely lucky and that includes almost all charitable organisations other than the Sally Ann where most of the people who work for them do so voluntarily.