• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ict aerial erector *trade and general info*

fotofrog

LAC
Evening all,

i need some help/info regarding the above role.

Am looking to join but want to understand few bits before jumping in..

Lwhere am I likely to be posted after completing trade training - I live between Norwich and Ipswich therefore honnington would be ideal but not sure on likelyhood of getting a posting there.. Have misses n family down here so would prefer being posted as close as possible for various reasons although am interested in doing a Cyprus tour..

uniform - day to day on base do the unit have any specific uniform - pcs or blues when cutting around camp?

extra qualifications - is there the opportunity to do things like further rifle training / combat training as well as trade related roles.. I don't like to be sat around so would like to get as much done during my career as I can?

actual role itself.. Can't seem to find much detail on what the role actually does on a day to day basis - are some guys posted to training roles at various bases / given tour postings etc? For example do you complete tours on afghan etc alongside other personnel or is it a role that isn't really directly involved in direct conflict areas?

think that's about it for now, any help / answers appreciated

cheers

mike

El_Boomo

LAC
Unfortunately, there's no chance of Honington as a rigger. Chances are you'll go to 90SU, possibly on one of the regional teams such as Brize or Wittering