• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Hurry up and Wait......

Spearmint

Ex-Harrier Mafia Member
1000+ Posts
So currently sat in a DMV office in Sunny California as I want to add a Motorcycle portion to my licence. I arrived here 15mins before the 8am door opening time were the queue was already 200 deep. Nearly 3 hours later and still not called forwards.

This truly is the epitome of misery and apparent time vortexes. I think in the real world it's now the year 2040 and my Wife has remarried in the South of France with her own Vineyard. A great comfort as I sit crushed between x2 black as 2am, 24 Stone behemoths calling each other, 'Gurlfrend' and talking about some sh*t they watched on Whooping Goldberg the other night whilst filing their oversized claws.

So tell me goaters, what's been your worst experience of having to wait in perpetual depression?

Late & Tired

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
I remember once having to wait at the bar in a pub, whilst the Landlord changed a barrel of Theakstones.
Some people are never readily prepared...

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
I remember watching new arrivals in Cyprus planning their day down town to sort out all their bits and bobs, only to return broken hours later having achieved nothing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

techie_tubby

Warrant Officer
Waiting for the "guaranteed next day delivery" to the Highlands of Scotland knowing full well that it won't appear and I will be arguing with the company I bought it from.

justintime129

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
Waiting at miami airport for 36 hours to get a flight back to Belize cos we'd run out of money. Pre credit card days. Should have been 14 days r&r run out of money after 11 days. TACA said we'd have to wait the 3 days but the airport security got ****ed off with us and got us on a flight.

The yanks passing through looked after us and the tips on the tables helped. ;-)

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk