• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

HR

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
Was, no longer in, but still living the HR dream.

Sent from my SM-T715 using Tapatalk

K3293

LAC
Aw that is amazing :) what did you enjoy most about the job if you don't mind me asking?? And did you personally find the job enjoyable, obviously no job is particularly easy but I just want something I am passionate about!

Did the recruitment, training or waiting process take a long period of time?

Thank you!

muttywhitedog

Retired Rock Star 5.5.14
1000+ Posts
I served in the HR stream of the RAF too. But be aware - the role of HR in the RAF is not like it is outside. For the most part, you will be performing the role of call-centre operator and data entry.

That said, if you do join, then use your education allowance (if it still exists) to acquire some CIPD Qualifications.

K3293

LAC
I don't mind data entry but I do not want another call centre job... Is that exactly what it is? Targets, monitoring, sales etc?

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
It's a very varied role, yep you could be in a job that involves a bit of data entry and answering HR queries, especially in your early years. However, you've got to learn to walk before you run, and if you've got something about you more interesting roles will come along.

Being military you'll have plenty of chance to try different things, for me it was the variety and impact of what the job involved rather than any one particular job.

Sent from my SM-T715 using Tapatalk