• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Hows your fitness improving?

U

ukhursty

As the title says, how is everyones fitness going in the lead up to PRTC/RTS?

Are you feeling fitter?

Are you finding it easy to progress to a higher level?

Are you struggling with any aspects of your fitness regime?

Divulge :)

Middo

LAC
I am feeling good. The only thing I don't like is that there seems to be different of levels of fitness required for PRTC, depending on who you speak to. There was a thread posted by inch high di which says one thing then when I chat to my AFCO they say another. I have been told from 8.10 4/7 to 10.8 20/35 to pass and to go onto the next stage.

Middo

Middo

LAC
I have just done the test outside and reached the following; 9.7 MSFT 30 press ups and 40 sit ups. How's that? ... be honest!

Middo

Last edited:

Brackens

SAC
The post by inch high di is correct (he is the sgt that takes prtc) I was helping last week whilst on holding flight and 3 people failed 2 of those due to trainer related incidents, when the pti's say check your laces please take note!

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
Middo take head

Middo take head

The pass marks and entry standards are moved all the time to reflect the needs and priorities of the RAF.

As Inch Hi has stated that he works at RTS and is involved in the PRTS process I guess he knows best.

Get fit get in.

The post by inch high di is correct (he is the sgt that takes prtc) I was helping last week whilst on holding flight and 3 people failed 2 of those due to trainer related incidents, when the pti's say check your laces please take note!

Thanks Brackens, I am the SNCO who runs the course, and the levels I have posted are correct and current. And your right Brackens......make sure your laces are tied up, 2 people have thrown away a great opportunity because they were thinking it was a fashion show and not a fitness assesment

Middo

LAC
Thanks Brackens, I am the SNCO who runs the course, and the levels I have posted are correct and current. And your right Brackens......make sure your laces are tied up, 2 people have thrown away a great opportunity because they were thinking it was a fashion show and not a fitness assesment

Where people trying to run with their laces undone?:pDT_Xtremez_34:

Middo

Last edited:
U

ukhursty

I have just done the test outside and reached the following; 9.7 MSFT 30 press ups and 40 sit ups. How's that? ... be honest!

Middo

Sounds good to me mate, aim high and you'll breeze it :)

Get that run score above 10 for when you get down to PRTC and you'll have a nice base to work off there!

M

Matt 347

Mine isn't improving nearly as much as I'd like. in a month I have only shaved 3minutes off my 1.5mile time.

How often do you guys run and how far when you do? Do you have any mind tricks you'd like to share.

Funny one i found for me is if I look at the floor about 5 yards in front of me as most people do I feel knackered. But if I keep my back straight and look dead ahead I feel much better. lol

also keeping your mind elsewhere makes the whole thing much more bearable after that first mile :D

Middo

LAC
Whats your best time at the 1.5mile and have you done a bleep test (MSFT) before, and if so to what level? I do normally a 5k run, 1.5 run with inclines, 400m shuttle runs as part of weekly gym run circuits and bleep test on sundays.

I find this works for me.

Stingray

Sergeant
Good luck to all you newbies. Just as a taster, I am nearly...not quite, but nearly 40 and can manage lvl 10. Can do over 70 sit ups and 40 push ups in the time allotted. When I joined as a super fit 17 something I did the 1 1/2 mile in under 9 minutes.
Then I found booze fags and beer!!!
have been through two of the training schemes the RAF has to offer and let me tell you it is so important to be fit beforehand, the PTI's know the slackers from the hard workers!!
Keep pushing, work harder BEFORE you arrive and you will see your hard work pay off.

Once again..good luck guys and gals!!!!

FOMz

Warrant Officer
You should be running daily.

use the mantra - Train Hard - Fight Easy.

If your test is 1.5 miles, I would be running at least 3 miles per day (but thats just me).