• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

How was it for you?

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
So as the footy season draws to a close how was it for your team? Better than you hoped, worse or about what you expected? Did your big signings shine or just pick up the money.

For my lot the mighty Accrington Stanley once John Coleman the messiah had returned we climbed out of the relegation spots into mid table. So we should end the season not relegated, not promoted and with no trophies to show for the teams efforts. But for a team with the lowest average home gate of all 72 league clubs and probably the lowest wage bill and lowest transfer budget staying in league 2 is an achievement in itself. But this time next year..............

Last edited:

Rocket_Ronster

You ain`t seen me.
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Embarrassing.
Again.

Mid table mediocrity, which was to be expected, but back scene plot lines that would put Eastbenders to shame.

Mid table obscurity but we paid off our legacy debts and own our club. Promotion would have been nice but let's get the new manager bedded in and start next season aiming to finish higher than the mighty Accrington Stanley!

muttywhitedog

Retired Rock Star 5.5.14
1000+ Posts
After the euphoria of a cup final and surviving last season against the odds with wins at Chelsea & Man Utd and taking another 6 points of our dirty neighbours this season, to find ourselves in the bottom three tonight is infuriating.

Im rapidly falling out of love with football at the moment.

briggfairy

Sergeant
As a southend fan it looks like we've hit form at the right time and moved into an automatic promotion place with one game to go, our young keeper has set a club record for clean sheets, hopefully we can go up and hold on to our manager as phil brown has turned the club around, all we need is to finally move into a new stadium to let us kick on!

roll on next saturday!

norfolkred1

Sergeant
Been yet another roller coaster ride being a Boro Fan. Took our chances today being 1-0 down at half time, then a second pen against us and a player sent off. We went for Fulham hard and fast to come back 3-3 then commited suicide by send the keeper up for the winner and failed on the break to get beat 4-3. Who wants the premiership anyway, bloody big time Charlie League....: PDT_Xtremez_16:

Entropy

Sergeant
After a squeaky bu m start, a new manager has managed to drag us to mid table. In my view this has been a good year as I was expecting to go down given the lack of funds. Hopefully going into administration won't bring a 10 point deduction as it wasn't money related and demonstrated professional behaviour. A number of prospective buyers so things are looking up at the moment.

I have always said the supporting a team is like loving a woman who doesnt love you. Lots of dissapointment with a few moments of happiness.

FOGHORN LEGHORN

Sergeant
The mighty Argyle have all but secured a place in the playoffs. Not sure we are ready for promotion but exciting times all the same and hoping for a trip to Wembley. After the last 5 years we've had which nearly caused us to fold I'm extremely content. Green Army!!!

This message was sent using my thumb.

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Being a Leeds fan I'm not sure what to say...lucky we stayed up with all the confusion about owners/tax's owed, having a hands on crazy Italian chairmen who initially picked a non-league manager to run the club or unlucky not to do better considering the funds that have been made avaialable...

It hurts your head to try and understand what is going on and we can only hope for some more clarity over the coming months.

Rocket_Ronster

You ain`t seen me.
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Being a Leeds fan I'm not sure what to say...lucky we stayed up with all the confusion about owners/tax's owed, having a hands on crazy Italian chairmen who initially picked a non-league manager to run the club or unlucky not to do better considering the funds that have been made avaialable...

It hurts your head to try and understand what is going on and we can only hope for some more clarity over the coming months.

Rumour has it...Saturdays the big announcement day...RED BULL LEEDS UTD.

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Rumour has it...Saturdays the big announcement day...RED BULL LEEDS UTD.

I've heard Russell Crowe will also be there dressed as a gladiator astride an actual live unicorn...we'll have to wait and see...