• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

how to win £125 million

• Thread starter TheHogwartsBEngO
  • Start date
T

TheHogwartsBEngO

Any good ways to choose your euromillions tickets?

tempted by a string of numbers that may be familiar to fans of "Lost"...

Plumber

Flight Sergeant
Try lucky dips at the til, they stand as much chance as any of winning, and if they don't you can blame the person at the til.

T

TheHogwartsBEngO

I'm distrusting of lucky dips - you have a 76,000,000 chance of the till giving you those numbers and then a further 1:76000000 chance of the same numbers coming up on the draw.

Yes. yes, I know mathematically there is the same chance of your LD numbers coming up as any other combination, but somehow it just feels like doubling the odds.

you have to be doubly lucky for the both the till and the lottery machine giving the same nos.

Weebl

Flight Sergeant
TheHogwartsBEngO said:
I'm distrusting of lucky dips - you have a 76,000,000 chance of the till giving you those numbers and then a further 1:76000000 chance of the same numbers coming up on the draw.

Yes. yes, I know mathematically there is the same chance of your LD numbers coming up as any other combination, but somehow it just feels like doubling the odds.

you have to be doubly lucky for the both the till and the lottery machine giving the same nos.

And you are an Engineering Officer :D

S

Standards

Put the pound in a bank. Simple. If you have £100 buy a premium bond. It is still gambling but at the end of the day you still have £100!

Standards!

rest have risen above me

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
Bigger Prize

Bigger Prize

Although not a better chance of winning if you use numbers at the higher end of the scale (over 31) if you are spawny enough to win then the prize is less likely to be shared as you've got rid of all those grannies using their favourite grandkids birthdays..

T

TheHogwartsBEngO

Weebl said:
And you are an Engineering Officer :D

...and I never underestimate the power of gut feeling. :pDT_Xtremez_27:

T

TheHogwartsBEngO

rest have risen above me said:
Although not a better chance of winning if you use numbers at the higher end of the scale (over 31) if you are spawny enough to win then the prize is less likely to be shared as you've got rid of all those grannies using their favourite grandkids birthdays..

I did read somewhere that a disproportionate number of tickets have the combination 1,2,3,4,5,6. People think they have less chance of sharing with these too, but of course lots of people think the same way.

Probably true of the anti-birthdays method.

rest have risen above me

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
Portugeeks

Portugeeks

Well now there are 2 rich frogs and one rich person from Portugal (What is the stereotypical name for someone from Portugal).
Answers to tonights draw on a postcard to me by 19:29 please. Oh and feel free to answer the one about portugal.

Aerial

LAC
Person from Portugul

Person from Portugul

Person from Portugul = Portugese = 'Geezer!!:pDT_Xtremez_31: