• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

How to turn down promotion?

skevans

Flight Sergeant
Within a few weeks I know that I am likely to be offered promotion.

Many people will be suprised by that statement, however trust me on this I will be offered it.

My question is smple... how do I turn it down in this post JPA era?

Teh Wal

Flight Sergeant
Hmmm, I did it just about 2 1/2 years ago (Sgt to C/T) by saying to my Wobbly that he could stick it (no jest). At the time they were trying to fill a new post (which was sh!te - did it for 4 months a while before). Someone was posted in a few weeks later (the bloke has regretted it ever since) and I was promoted-in-post 5 months later anyway (which actually suited me down to the ground). But basically Yes, I did.

However, it wasn't a JPA situation and I've got no idea how JPA would be affected - it would be nice to think that 'The Human Touch' would be in force.

..then again .. :pDT_Xtremez_42:

Last edited:

tommo9999

Higher Pay Band Shiney
Your PSF will have you in and get you to sign a certificate to confirm you are declining the offer. Straightforward enough, just wait for the offer to arrive.

P

pie sandwich

I was promoted last year, and it was all still done via old fashioned paper work, from what I remember I never had to touch JPA

P

pie sandwich

I remember on the form which had the official offer of promotion it said do you accept or decline the promotion award. But as to JPA I think all it came up with was a work flow notice saying that I was posted on promotion, and all the courses were listed that I had been added to.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sospan

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
Off Topic

This is just a guess but I think it might have something to do with the fact I left the RAF 2 months ago after 12 years. And No I didn't PVR.

I am on the same timeline as you, when did you arrive at Halton ?

Back on topic, my offer was a JPA print off slip from ACOS Manning that I had to sign yes or no. BTW I got my course dates before my offer if your promotion has and relevant courses.

Shugster

Warrant Officer
Get lashed at the next beer call and give your boss a good chest poking!

All your promotion worries will just fade away! :pDT_Xtremez_28:

Just accepted my promotion offer and still using the good old fashioned pen and paper method. So when the FS hands over the form for you to sign, make sure you delete the right bit....

muttywhitedog

Retired Rock Star 5.5.14
1000+ Posts
JPA doesn't get used until you have accepted a promotion offer, then the Assignment Order would get raised.

Anything else is done via pen, paper and maybe a signal.

B

billy bollox

My WO phoned me as I was away and asked me yes or no....I said yes, 2 weeks later sat behind this very desk I am writing this on now!!!
No JPA axcept change of rank and post illustrated.
Only took the crap post as 2 1/2 yrs left and I didn't have to move stations