• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

how to get out the raf, any ideas

I

iancupra-r

Im in the RAF and my pvr has just been declined, they say the earlyest they will let me go is march 2008, i had a really good job to go to, the money i was going to get was double im on now, so now ive missed out on the job and have to carry on doing a job which i really hate for another 2 years, also now going to have to move house asthe base closes next year, and struggle on the crap pay, all because i made 1 mistake in joing, any no of any ideas to get out, i cant get out on medical or get thrown out as ill struggle to get a job, but there must be some way to get out,

cheers ian

Stax

Flight Sergeant
Gents/Ladies, ignore this bloke. His spelling and grammar are far too bad for a serviceman. If he approaches his PSF they can give him advice on getting out, especially as he claims to have had a "really good job" to go to. Seeing as we are trying to get rid of people at the moment I am sure he would have been out of here soonest. Journo or Troll perhaps? Bearing in mind the bad press the (American) services have been getting the last few days, is this someone digging?

I

iancupra-r

This is a genuine thread, somone off a cupra forum told me about this forum, im based at coltishall as a painter and finisher and have been in the RAF 2 years, Ive been to psf and was told to put a gen ap in and if i got proof of a job to go to then there would be no problem. Ive done that but they have just told me i need to serve 3 years out of trade training, so got to do another 2 years, but surely there must be another way out without going down a medical route or somthing which wont look bad on my cv for my next employer,

cheers ian

T

The Green Scopie

Test positive on CDT - That will get you out quite quickly :eek: Don't fancy your chances of getting a job afterwards though.

B

Beerofund

CV's

CV's

iancupra-r said:
This is a genuine thread, somone off a cupra forum told me about this forum, im based at coltishall as a painter and finisher and have been in the RAF 2 years, Ive been to psf and was told to put a gen ap in and if i got proof of a job to go to then there would be no problem. Ive done that but they have just told me i need to serve 3 years out of trade training, so got to do another 2 years, but surely there must be another way out without going down a medical route or somthing which wont look bad on my cv for my next employer,

cheers ian

Iancupra-r mi ole mucker

Was this a job you really wanted to do or was you conned at the CIO?

If you can only stick this job two years before whining and wanting to get out do you think an employer would want to take the risk of employing you. I also run a business as well as the day job, and any potential new staff, who from there CVs, constantly chop and change employers rate low when interviewing. Loyalty is what I look for not having to readvertise and interview every few months because they get fed up!

Why do you HAVE to move house? Quarters well thats hard luck but you get loadsa cash to do it and youve no dick dance of selling/buying. Private well your lucky to have been able to buy one. Get some one else to pay your mortgage by renting. Many a seniors leaving today, who have done this, normally own a portfollio of property using "Other Peoples Money" to pay for it!

T

Twonston Pickle

Being in recruiting, I can confirm that you must wait until 3 years from completion of trade training. The annoying thing here being that you were told this at the AFCO and given a Form 308 clearly stating it! This was all before you actually joined so you had plenty of chance to stop.

MrCheekyMonkey had it spot on; you've had the training and now we need some work out of you. Instead of bleating, why don't you make the most out of your time and get more civvy quals so you can go to an even better paid job.

I

iancupra-r

you lot are well touchy arnt ya, i only asked for a bit of advice, Ive spoken to a lot of people with reguards to this over the last couple of days, and to sum it up yes ive go no chance of getting out, ive now accepeted this, and like ive been told ive got to do another 2 years it so it can be a good 2 years or a bad 2 years its all up to me it how i make it. As the base is closeing middle of next year im going to keep my head down get on with it and hopfully have a good time in the meantime, Im going on a ski ex-ped in jan so that will hopfully be good, then by the time winter is over it will be ready to move base so time will hopefully pass quite quick.

As for i got told about how long i had to do befor leaving, and given the option to leave at the start, when i joined everything seemed a blur really so much information it was quite hard to take it all in, also at the time it was a challenge to pass everything and get in so the last thing i thought about was how long i had to do befor i could get out, i always like to give things ago, and have found that this is not for me, but hey like i said ill just now get on with it, and hopefully gain alot of experience from differnent things from being in the RAF.

Well now ive found this site ill hopefully post and chat to you all on a more positive note and if you want your shoes painting let me know lol :D ,

take a chill peeps :p

cheers ian

B

Beerofund

Spolling biddly and grommer bad

Spolling biddly and grommer bad

MrCheekyMonkey said:
Ian, Just a little suggestion for you, why don't you spend the next two years you've got improving your spelling and grammar?

Mrs CheekyMonkey works in recruitment for a large company and she's had a quick look at what you've typed and stated she wouldn't touch you with a barge pole with your english at its current standard........................

M-C-M

Well said!

That said, my six year old can spell betterer than wot I does! LOL ;)

T

Twonston Pickle

No Ian, I will not chill. If you were foolish enough not to listen to the half hour long briefing you were given at the AFCO regarding min 28 days at RTS, then 14 days notice up to the 6 month point and then 3 years min after trade training then I cannot see what your problem is. You failed to read the small print, which we have all done before, but you cannot then bleat when it comes and bites you on the @rse.

Quite frankly, with your attitude, I would be glad to see the back of you ASAP. In the meantime, follow Mr CMs advice.

J

Jag Fag

iancupra-r said:
Im going on a ski ex-ped in jan so that will hopfully be good, then by the time winter is over it will be ready to move base so time will hopefully pass quite quick.

Can't be that bad - would you be able to get a dirt cheap skiing holiday in civvy street (and class it as duty)? I think not.

There are a lot of C***ishall personnel in the same shoes (not painted ones at that) as you who feel like putting in a PVR. I'd advise you to wait and see how you feel at your next unit before leaving. That's the advice I gave to one of my lads, now posted to ****** and is now a happy chappy!

Could be worse, ask a few people on the soon to be disbanded sqn.

Don't let the SWO catch you wearing painted shoes at the moment - especially with HM the Big Boss visiting today. :rolleyes:

On the subject of painted shoes, where does the money go? Surely the practice of charging for this service is misuse of public equipment/materials (I don't accept the 'for the Christmas party' excuse).

Stax

Flight Sergeant
Jag Fag said:
On the subject of painted shoes, where does the money go? Surely the practice of charging for this service is misuse of public equipment/materials (I don't accept the 'for the Christmas party' excuse).

I can't abide this painted shoe buisiness. I never have and never wil go down this route. Its obvious and if you can't spend a bit of time cleaning your shoes (and I don't mean bulling, thats for parades etc) then you really don't have much pride in yourself. As for charging for it, thats like selling batteries or DPM kit, if I caught one of my lot doing that (and I have in the past) they would get a one way conversatio around the ear behind the ranks, profiting from it that doesn't belong to you makes you lower than scum IMHO. (rant over)

T

Twonston Pickle

Buy patent leather toecaps. It's more expensive but it is legal lazyness.

A

A CLING NERD SHRON

When you paint stuff around the Station does it involve painting words?
I hope not.
Could you imagine it "No porking" instead of parking!!!

N

North Sea Tiger

Agree that this guy should just bite the bullet and screw the Air Force for as much as you can get before you leave .. at the end of the day Fella you signed an agreement and thats that .. my advice would be to get every course you can .. use the system. I did 13 years and got bugger all out of the Air Force before I left .. too busy doing shifts for pregnant waafs to get most of my resettlement in.

As for some of the opinions about what this lad can expect in civvy street and how employers operate .. crap. Just because one individual runs a buisness doesnt make him the font of all knowledge. I paid my way through all my own courses and my Air Force experience did very little toward me getting my current position .. paying for all my courses that did that .. I paid about £2000 out to get qualified and am now on a 3 week on 3 week off rota .. only work half the year and I am on 30k.

So stick in work hard and milk the sytem for all you can get and best of luck to you on the outside.

B

Beerofund

North Sea Tiger said:
As for some of the opinions about what this lad can expect in civvy street and how employers operate .. crap. Just because one individual runs a buisness doesnt make him the font of all knowledge. I paid my way through all my own courses and my Air Force experience did very little toward me getting my current position .. paying for all my courses that did that .. I paid about £2000 out to get qualified and am now on a 3 week on 3 week off rota .. only work half the year and I am on 30k.

NST

Just think if you worked the other three weeks in between your shifts you could be on 60K a year.

I do about 5 hrs work a week in running my business for more than 30K a year, achieved by not employing illiterates like our friend from Colt. The best way forward is by becoming your own boss, and pay others to do the work! Oh BTW Aunty Betty pays me considerably more than 30K with the non contributory pension on top. Only waiting for the IP point and then its 5hrs a week for life from the age of 40! But then what do i know??? I’m not a font of all knowledge am I!!! ;) Enjoy your three weeks about!
:p

Last edited:
S

shoutingwind

well the old stand-by of putting your underpants on your head, a pencil up each nostril and shouting "Wibble!!!" might work :D

N

North Sea Tiger

Beerofund said:
NST

Just think if you worked the other three weeks in between your shifts you could be on 60K a year.

I do about 5 hrs work a week in running my business for more than 30K a year, achieved by not employing illiterates like our friend from Colt. The best way forward is by becoming your own boss, and pay others to do the work! Oh BTW Aunty Betty pays me considerably more than 30K with the non contributory pension on top. Only waiting for the IP point and then its 5hrs a week for life from the age of 40! But then what do i know??? I’m not a font of all knowledge am I!!! ;) Enjoy your three weeks about!
:p

Money isnt everything.

Point of my post was to show this guy that there is life on the outside and not to let certain people get you down. Happy that your your own boss but dont run other people down .. frankly I doubt that you make 30k a year for 5 hrs work a week. By the way if your "buisness" goes tits up you wont be making anything !! .. I can move companies !! .. You seem to take delight in running down the orginator of this thread .. I am happy with my life and was just trying to point out that this lad can do the same. And by the way I claim ALL my tax back yearly as I am on a mobile rig and am entitled as long as I crewchange through just one foreign port a year .. makes a nice addition to the salary .. and the bonuses arent bad either .. I have found that on the rigs there is no bull**** and everyone just gets on with it .. We are well looked after.

Oh and by the way I am my own boss when on shift .. there are only two RO's on board at any one time .. everyone offshore keeps on the right side of the Radio Operator .. cos he books your flight home !!

Hope the lad does well for himself.