• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

How long does it take!

Hi guys and girls I sent a online application of for RauxaF in December last year and got nothing back rang up my chosen Sqd and they sent a paper application out filled in and sent back six weeks later still not got any thing back not even a email so how long does it take to get on the next stage or even a phone call any help or advice please thank you for you time Jason

37isntOld

LAC
My story ... might help?

My story ... might help?

I applied mid April online ... heard nothing so called the squadron (611) directly 2 weeks ago. They told me they hope to get back to everyone by end of June as they've had so many applicants + it's a busy time at present for everyone. However, the lady who answered the phone was brilliant and said why don't we go through what you'll be asked at the 'open-day' now and get you to the next step. We did just that and 4 days later I received an email inviting me to the AST. I'm doing them this Monday coming (if I fail them - you'll never hear from me on here again as I hide in a cave in shame - if I pass I'll be back!)

Hope this helps and good luck.

Stevienics

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
Well done. You are getting in at the very genesis of the Squadron, and that's a pretty special time to join. I hope you stay with it and wish you well.

37isntOld

LAC
well done mate really happy:pDT_Xtremez_14: for you bud what did you have to do

Thanks - basically just a larger version of the mock exam on the RAF Reserves website. I took that and then went away and studied my basic maths, physics and electrical basics. Then banged my 2 braincells together really hard. For me the mock was brilliant as it highlighted what I needed to practice. Hope this helps and good luck yourself! :)

37isntOld

LAC
Well done. You are getting in at the very genesis of the Squadron, and that's a pretty special time to join. I hope you stay with it and wish you well.

I must admit I've realised this is the 'genesis' (think I'll nick your word ... it has a nice ring to it.) of the Squadron and as such really, really hope to get in? Hell! I'm one step closer than I was a few days ago. Thanks for the well wishes and believe me I'll be sticking with it. :)

37isntOld

LAC
Hi guys and girls I sent a online application of for RauxaF in December last year and got nothing back rang up my chosen Sqd and they sent a paper application out filled in and sent back six weeks later still not got any thing back not even a email so how long does it take to get on the next stage or even a phone call any help or advice please thank you for you time Jason

Sorry ... I forgot to say ... there was another guy I got chatting to at the AFCO before the tests and he'd applied last December like yourself; so I wouldn't worry - just chase them up on the phone as mentioned. Cheers.