• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Hoping to join RAFP

D

DrunkenMonki

Is the story about the RAF copper, the speed gun and the tornado taking off true?

O

Oh sir

DrunkenMonki said:
Is the story about the RAF copper, the speed gun and the tornado taking off true?

It's a very, very old urban myth, quoted around the world for years now. In some stories it's an Iraqi policeman during the first gulf war. In others it's a yank policeman "pinging" a jet out in the desert near area 51 or thereabouts.

It gets trotted (pardon the pun) out every few years, but I've never heard it told with the same details twice.

First thing you're told about them when training anyway, is to NEVER point them at an aircraft, so maybe just a grain of truth in there somewhere?

Any technical types care to speculate on whether our radar guns have sufficient power to be actually picked up by a tonka? I'm not sure that they do, only being a little hand held job. But I stand to be corrected!