• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Honda to be renamed Brawn GP

Parky

Corporal
Excellent news, maybe now that has been confirmed maybe the fantasy formula one league will be up and running.:pDT_Xtremez_30:

G

grumpyoldb

Bu@@er! You beat me to it!:pDT_Xtremez_31:
This is one team that I firmly expect to come from the back of the grid this year.

If they get the aero package right, with a proven engine in the back, and Ross Brawn tactics, they can do it.

Parky, I have it in good faith that the fantasy F1 is on it's way.
Mr M is away untill the weekend, when I will ask him to confirm it.

This could be the best F1:pDT_Xtremez_14: season for years.

It has been confirmed that Ross Brawn has purchased ALL of the company shares in the F1 team. There is no mention of Nick Fry in the new company.
http://www.pitpass.com/fes_php/pitpass_news_item.php?fes_art_id=37170

Last edited:
G

grumpyoldb

Here's Jense in the new car.
I bet he's got a right fookin' grin on his face now...............!

Last edited:
G

grumpyoldb

It's all on here............................
http://www.brawngp.com/

On behalf of everyone at Brawn GP, welcome to our new team and our new website BrawnGP.com

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you - our fans, our partners and our media colleagues - for your tremendous support during the past few months. It has been a challenging period but we have now achieved a very pleasing conclusion to the strenuous efforts which have been made to secure our future. We have also been left in no doubt as to the level of enthusiasm for the team and our ambitions.

Our focus now is on preparations for the first race of the 2009 calendar in Melbourne on 29 March. Over the coming weeks we will bring you the very latest news and pictures from the build-up to the Brawn GP team's debut season plus our plans for the development of BrawnGP.com

Enjoy the new season.

With very best wishes
RB Signature
Ross Brawn
Team Principal

I think I can feel a new shirt coming on......................

Last edited:
G

grumpyoldb

Not with a 50% paycut:pDT_Xtremez_30:

He can afford it.
I'm not a betting man, but I'm going to buy a brawngp shirt this year.

Lewis who???:pDT_Xtremez_14:

Shove it, GEM..................!:pDT_Xtremez_31:

Last edited:

Parky

Corporal
Parky, I have it in good faith that the fantasy F1 is on it's way.
Mr M is away untill the weekend, when I will ask him to confirm it.

The Site we normally use is not accepting teams yet that is why we havnt got it up and running yet.

I will have a look around to see if there are any other sites out there that we may use.

Killer Queen

Flight Sergeant
Subscriber
The Site we normally use is not accepting teams yet that is why we havnt got it up and running yet.

I will have a look around to see if there are any other sites out there that we may use.

I am not sure but I think the Telegraph did a free one last year.

I am glad to see we have not lost another team. roll on 3 weeks time.

I Look Like Kevin Costner

Grand Prix fanatic..
I hope Ross all the best, but there is no way he will be able to keep 700 people paid at Brackley and unless he gets major backing, his save will only end up like what happened to Lotus and other teams that dissappeared from greatness.

G

grumpyoldb

Good point, mate. It's looking, sadly like around 300 job losses at Brackley.
Most of them coming as a result of the reduced testing this season, and the reduction in development work allowed during the season.
They are probably at the point now where a lot of the car is set in stone, with most of the coming development work being done on areo packages and set-up.

G

grumpyoldb

Brawn GP hits the ground running

Brawn GP hits the ground running

Jenson Button hit the ground running as he showed off the new Brawn GP car to the public for the first time at Barcelona on Monday morning.
Button and his BGP01 were quick out the box, with the Brit hovering around the top three times for much of the morning's session. Half an hour before lunch Button even managed to put his BGP01 into first place with a 1:21.140, finishing ahead of Jarno Trulli and Nelson Piquet Jr.

Times
01. J. Button Brawn GP 1:21.140
02. J. Trulli Toyota 1:21.794
03. N. Piquet Jr. Renault 1:22.008
04. A. Sutil Force India 1:22.452
05. S. Bourdais Toro Rosso 1:22.660
06. M. Webber Red Bull Racing 1:22.679
07. K. Nakajima Williams 1:22.813
08. K. Räikkönen Ferrari 1:22.869
09. N. Heidfeld BMW 1:23.605
10. H. Kovalainen McLaren 1:24.289

http://www.planet-f1.com/story/0,18954,3213_5028432,00.html