• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Home To Duty

T

The_last_of_TG3

I am doing a 40 mile round trip to work every day. So I have 2 questions

1, How much money should I get a day?
2, How the feck do I claim for it on JPA?

Shinyscot

Corporal
I am doing a 40 mile round trip to work every day. So I have 2 questions

1, How much money should I get a day?
2, How the feck do I claim for it on JPA?

Not sure how much you get for a day mate, but if you speak to your unit Hr they will start your allowance on JPA arrivals (once JPAC give us it again!!!)

PSF Angel

LAC
You can get home to duty travel allowance - a daily rate paid on saturdays and sundays and while you are on leave too, but it is calculated on the single journey mileage so don't get your knickers in a twist when your pay statement shows it as 20 miles. However, you will have to make a 9 mile personal contribution which will show up in your deductions. And if your HR are as good as our lot, they'll backdate it 3 months for you too. (if you were entitled to it 3 months ago that is).

The money you get will depend on weather it is a private house.

for 20 miles you are paid £6.20 - £2.79 (Personal Contribution) = £3.41

This is paid every day but with some stops like 10 days or more away from camp etc

Last edited:
It will be paid on all leave no matter how long for.

just for courses/exercise/dets over 10 days

Not 100% but this is what I have sussed out in the year I've recieved it

PSF Angel

LAC
This is paid every day but with some stops like 10 days or more away from camp etc

For dets/courses in UK when you are allowed (not necessarily bothered) to go home at weekends you get GYH(T) which is dependant upon how many miles away you are and again a daily rate.

If it's outside the UK or you aren't allowed to come home for the weekend, you get LSA, rate dependent on how many days LSA you have accumulated during your career.

G

Gordieplc

I do a 30 mile round trip and after personal contribution I end up with about £115 per month

as of sunday il be getting the allowance but dont know how much to expect as its somat like 414 miles from home. is this Home to Duty a new thing, i didnt expect to recieve anything like it:pDT_Xtremez_27:

Weebl

Flight Sergeant
as of sunday il be getting the allowance but dont know how much to expect as its somat like 414 miles from home. is this Home to Duty a new thing, i didnt expect to recieve anything like it:pDT_Xtremez_27:

I think you might be getting a bit confused.

Home to duty is paid to cover the cost of you driving from where you live to your place of duty. There are limitations on how far away you are allowed to live and commute on a daily basis.

Home to duty is not money they give you for living xx miles from your mums house.

G

Gordieplc

I think you might be getting a bit confused.

Home to duty is paid to cover the cost of you driving from where you live to your place of duty. There are limitations on how far away you are allowed to live and commute on a daily basis.

Home to duty is not money they give you for living xx miles from your mums house.

yeah, iv just found out about it and know nothing about it. The corporal from my AFCO phoned me this morn and was vague, just said its 'some extra money'. something to do with my kid aswell i think..
il find out on sunday what it is 4 definate :pDT_Xtremez_27:

Humble Scribe

Sergeant

If you're maintaining a home elsewhere, you could be claiming Get You Home Mileage; the rate is mileage based but you have to be paying Council Tax for that home to be able to claim.

Home To Duty

I have been granted permission to live 70 miles away from camp. There is a special dispensation for those living this distance and in exceptional circumstances you can claim for the entire 70 miles but need to gen app through HR......

Billy Whizz

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
I have been granted permission to live 70 miles away from camp. There is a special dispensation for those living this distance and in exceptional circumstances you can claim for the entire 70 miles but need to gen app through HR......

He asked the question back in 2007, I'd hope he'd have found an answer by now, but useful information all the same.