• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

History of the P Ed Branch

C

cat_bea

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone knows anything about the history of the PEd Branch. Anything at all no matter how small. Right back to when it was formed (1918). Including any photos.
If a member of your family or a mate was once in it at a particular station or you were there, let me know.
Or you're experience of it (ie names, places) any expeds you went on. Maybe you were part of a team?
We've been tasked to write up a timeline of the branch so any info will be a big help.

Thanks in advance guys.

CB

Off Topic

M

musclemech

Have you tried contacting the School of PT at Cosford? They have a small museum there, and I know that there was a lot of research done into the history of the branch by a guy called Mick Murphy. He's long gone now but his work will still be there..... He did write an article for the Badge magazine; I'll see if i can dig it out.

MM

Odie

Sergeant
First God made Heaven and Earth.

The earth was without form and void, and darkness was upon the face of the deep; and the Spirit of God was moving over the face of the waters.

And God said, "Let there be light"; and there was light.

And God saw that the light was good; and God separated the light from the darkness.

God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And there was evening and there was morning, one day.

And God said, "Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it separate the waters from the waters."

And God made the firmament and separated the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament. And it was so.

And God called the firmament Heaven. And there was evening and there was morning, a second day.

And God said, "Let the waters under the heavens be gathered together into one place, and let the dry land appear." And it was so.

God called the dry land Earth, and the waters that were gathered together he called Seas. And God saw that it was good.

God said, "I need some gifted and intelligent beings to maintain what I have so far created." To fulifil that need, God created Trade Group 1.

God saw they were good, wise, hard working and industrious both during the day and night, so rewarded them with a decent wage and modesty.

And God said, "Let me be able to reflect the light." God made a device and called this device the mirror and thought it was good.

God needed another being to look after the mirror, to keep it clean to reflect God's light. So needing less intelligence than Trade Group 1 God created Trade Group 10.

The PTI's of Trade Group 10 looked in the mirror and liked what they saw. The feckers has been stuck there ever since.

And God said unto himself. "B*llocks, that was a waste of space. I guess the Duck Billed Platypus will be of more use."

Last edited: