• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Histories of SE7005, SE7132 and 17 Squadron

Hi!
I'm looking for any personal recollections or any recorded histories of units my Dad was in. My Dad, LAC William Henry Stallard, was at Worli, Bombay, served at RAF Seletar, Singapore, was at Kuala Lumpur (Burma) and later at BCAIR Iwakuni and RAF Miho shortly after the Hiroshima bomb.

He worked at Supermarine Spitfire in Woolston before joining up in February 1943 aged 17. He left Kure Japan, in April 1947 was demobbed Friday 16th May 1947 at Kirkham.

He was known as "Jock" then, by his family as "Harry", and by my Mum as "Bill."

I regret to say I know next to nothing about his service time, just a few stories when I was a kid.

My Dad died in October 2007. My Mum, Betty, is still going strong!

In 2013 I came across a letter to my Dad from 2006 from "Ernest" - I took a chance and wrote and got an email response from Ernest Astley a fellow LAC whilst in Japan. He renewed an interest in finding out as much as possible about my Dad's service. Form 543 is pretty sparse but mentions SE 7005, SE 7132 and 17 Squadron. Also, from photos I know my Dad worked on James "Ginger" Lacey's RN135 (YB-A) spitfire.

I would love to hear from anyone who may have any recollections of events of SE7005 and SE7132 in the late war and early post war period.

All the best, Jim Stallard