• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Hillary For Prez?

Warwick Hunt

Persona Non-Grata
1000+ Posts
It looks like Hillary Clinton will shortly be announcing that she is going to run for the Democrat nomination for next year's US presidential election...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-32257944

I can imagine the Tea Party Republicans foaming at the gash at the prospect of her being President - a black man, a woman - all they need next is a gay man and the whole country will be bound for the flames of hell.

But what will a Hillary presidency do for the western world? Furthermore, what would this mean for the UK and leading on from there, the future involvement in HMF in whatever the future emergency(ies) are across the world? Is President Hillary going to be a good thing or a bad thing?

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
In some eyes being viewed as a mere woman she might find negotiating with some of the less liberal thinking nations more difficult.
But at least she won't get caught out by leaving jizz on a young interns little black dress.:pDT_Xtremez_42:

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
Always surprised how a country with such a huge population has such a small gene pool from which to choose it's leaders, wonder when Chelsea will be running.

G

Gord

She`ll probably be the best of a bad bunch. The Republicans are having their tails wagged by the bible belt wankers and although the democrats seem to have accomplished little since they took office, most of that is due to the mess left behind in the aftermath of the economic meltdown presided over by the Republicans and the involvement in Iraq, also a Republican fvck up and the fact that they constantly refused to accept reforms brought forth by the Democratic Party, thereby pretty much freezing government much as they did in the latter half of the Clinton administration.

IMO if a Republican is voted in as Pres`it will signal a return to the days prior to the crash with once more all regulations on Wall St and the banking community being removed and the road to riches for the few and poverty for the masses being the way of life AGAIN.

Oldstacker

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
In some eyes being viewed as a mere woman she might find negotiating with some of the less liberal thinking nations more difficult.
But at least she won't get caught out by leaving jizz on a young interns little black dress.:pDT_Xtremez_42:

But if you were an intern working for her; would you get down and munch the rug?.......

Gonterseed

Flight Sergeant
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Always surprised how a country with such a huge population has such a small gene pool from which to choose it's leaders, wonder when Chelsea will be running.

Has she announced who's running for the vice prez. Now that wouldn't be Chelsea, would it?

Johned

SAC
Hillary For Prez?

I don't think you have to possess a deal of intellectual ability to become President though admittedly guile, back stabbing, double dealing and general thuggery help. Without massive cash backing some of the former incumbents would have had a job getting the chair of a district council in this country. Presently she is Secretary of State is she not? I read that Truman's S of S was Harold Stettinius for a time. An acerbic commentator archly stated in the press "To be Secretary of State, you have to be able to read, write and talk to people. Sadly Harold possesses none of these attributes!" Or does this just indicate my generally low opinion of politicians in general from whatever holes they originate?

G

Gord

I don't think you have to possess a deal of intellectual ability to become President though admittedly guile, back stabbing, double dealing and general thuggery help. Without massive cash backing some of the former incumbents would have had a job getting the chair of a district council in this country. Presently she is Secretary of State is she not? I read that Truman's S of S was Harold Stettinius for a time. An acerbic commentator archly stated in the press "To be Secretary of State, you have to be able to read, write and talk to people. Sadly Harold possesses none of these attributes!" Or does this just indicate my generally low opinion of politicians in general from whatever holes they originate?

No, she resigned from that post over a year ago, John Kerry is now S' of State.