• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Hi there.

Vacosa

LAC
Hi Everyone,

My username is Vacosa but my actual name is Ben, I am currently in the process of being processed to join the Reserves and I have reently attended an information day on RAF Waddington for the information section of the day (wasn't able to get down earlier because when your travelling from Liverpool to Lincoln you can't arrive before 10 on a Saturday!).

This is a long overdue application as I have been considering joining the RAF for 11 years now and have sat the AST twice already whilst I lived on the Isle of Man. Sadly life hindered my joining previously (work, uni and ladies! ;) ), but not this time, this time I have to go through with it! :)

Having been through the open day experience and learning about what Squadrons are available to me, I have decided that I will be persuing a posting within 7010, as my educational background means I have alot of transferable skills that I can use and take advantage of.

Well thats it I suppose, hopefully I'll have my service number before too long!

Stevienics

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
there are a few weekend warriors on here, myself included. Feel free to ask about anything you like, provided it's not related to cars or wimmin. I fail frequently on both.

Wobbly_Jon

Corporal
Hi There

Hi There

Was with 7010 for 22 years and it the top. They were a was a pretty good bunch, the usual bunch of good, bad and total chompers but never the less generally a good bunch, not sure what they're like now. Just a pity you won't get to work on a 'real' flying station. Hope you give it a fair go all the same. An queries drop me PM and I'll try to enlighten you on some personalities

Hoggy

LAC
Hi there, i recently signed up to the auggies a couple of weekends ago so if you have any queries about the process maybe i can offer some advice having recently gone through it myself.

Vacosa

LAC
Thanks for the greetings and the offers, I'm genuinely looking forward to this so I'm sure I'll have questions for you all soon.

Though right now my main concerns lie with the AST and then my fitness, already gone from a 42" down to a 36" waist in pursuit of getting physically in shape for joining the Augs though my weight seems to be stubbornly hovering at the 100kg area (should probably cut down on the heavy weights! :p ).

I've already looked into this on the forums and I know there is a certain level of discretion with the BMI requirements during the medical. Because lets face it, its the most pointless measurement in the world unless you have between none or average muscle and bone density (I use to play rugby and have done martial arts for 20+ years, so my bones are bit more hardy than they would normally be!)