• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Herr Regulations

A

Albert Park

Herr Regulations

WTF?

Unconstitutional?

What's next? Drugs? Cross-dressing?

Fuucking world's gone mad!

If it happened over here it would effectively LEAN the SWO out of a job. Now there's a thought .....

Joe_90

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
The problem for us is we are all volunteers but the Jerrys still have conscripts. And the problem for me is that I am going bald so I would end up looking like some sort of sex offender.

M

MyShineyAr$e

Yes, but standards are slipping. I bollocked a young lad for having pigeon sh1t in his hair (blond hair tips) and kicked him out of SHQ until he got it sorted. 30 mins later he had been to his WO to complain, who then phoned the Stn FS who in turn came to see me to tell me to wind my neck in.

Now I'm not overly bothered about people colouring there hair, as long as its a natural colour all over. This guy looked ridiculous and was really taking the p1ss out of the guidance given in Dress Regs.

So while we may be volunteers, I do beleive that it won't be all that long before we are looking at a rewrite of the chapter on grooming and appearance.

PSFbeatch

Corporal
Yes, but standards are slipping. I bollocked a young lad for having pigeon sh1t in his hair (blond hair tips) and kicked him out of SHQ until he got it sorted. 30 mins later he had been to his WO to complain, who then phoned the Stn FS who in turn came to see me to tell me to wind my neck in.

Now I'm not overly bothered about people colouring there hair, as long as its a natural colour all over. This guy looked ridiculous and was really taking the p1ss out of the guidance given in Dress Regs.

So while we may be volunteers, I do beleive that it won't be all that long before we are looking at a rewrite of the chapter on grooming and appearance.

My apologies for this mr shiney @arse, but if youd done that to me i would have done the same thing.

I agree we should look smart , to uphold the 'good' name of the RAF etc but really.. is it the end of the world if someone chooses to colour their hair? Its about time some of the rules were looked at. Whilst I agree with most, some of them are utter tosh, and hardly affect the operational capability of the RAF.

Major Geek

Sergeant
No2 standard, for everybody including the birds - Demi Moore looked good with one. For christs sake we are in the military, not on a college hairdressing and beauty course!

Last edited:
E

exerk

My apologies for this mr shiney @arse, but if youd done that to me i would have done the same thing.

I agree we should look smart , to uphold the 'good' name of the RAF etc but really.. is it the end of the world if someone chooses to colour their hair? Its about time some of the rules were looked at. Whilst I agree with most, some of them are utter tosh, and hardly affect the operational capability of the RAF.

Have to agree with MSA on this one. Changing the colour of the hair completely is one thing, highlights or streaks is another.

metimmee

Flight Sergeant
Subscriber
1000+ Posts

(I agree that the rules should be looked at)

Are you talking about common sense here?? Dangerous concept that; picking and choosing which rules and regs you observe and those which you ignore. If anyone needs a b0llocking, its the WO/FS for not backing-up the NCO that actually stood up and was counted...the sad fact is that many Os/NCOs are ineffectual and inert in the face of trouble and would rather not act.

Maybe it was extreme to say "You arent entitled to see your HR clerk until you've fixed your hair.", but in my opinion MSA was quite right to tackle the individual.

PSFbeatch

Corporal
Have to agree with MSA on this one. Changing the colour of the hair completely is one thing, highlights or streaks is another.

thats just my opinion, i know of a few officers who have highlights, Im sure they will be only to pleased to be chased out of PSF, military we may be, oppressors we are not. There are loads of people who have hairstyles that are less than desirable, but you wouldnt dare say anything, personally i find bald people quite scary, we should have a rule that makes them wear tupees!

Next we'll be saying that women shouldnt have short hair, what the hell does it matter what colour someones hair is??? just because highlighted tips may not to be of one persons taste does not give the right to tell them to change it.

Realist78

Master of my destiny
Herr regulations

Herr regulations

How about, until the rules change, f@cking complying! The WO/FS who backed the cnut up should be f@cking carpeted. Yes, the rules are outdated, but until they are amended...

PSFbeatch

Corporal
(I agree that the rules should be looked at)

Are you talking about common sense here?? Dangerous concept that; picking and choosing which rules and regs you observe and those which you ignore. If anyone needs a b0llocking, its the WO/FS for not backing-up the NCO that actually stood up and was counted...the sad fact is that many Os/NCOs are ineffectual and inert in the face of trouble and would rather not act.

Maybe it was extreme to say "You arent entitled to see your HR clerk until you've fixed your hair.", but in my opinion MSA was quite right to tackle the individual.

whilst i abide by the rules and my hair is of 'normal colour' it is coloured, and ive gone from blonde to brown etc, and women are worst culprits.

However there is a person I know who went from jet black to day glo yellow, and no one said anything to her.

If i chose to highlight my hair, and i went to psf and someone told me to change it im afraid i would indeed doexactley the same thing. Im afraid I'm of the opinion if you want put highlights in your hair then you should be able to. If it looks ridiculous its not for us to comment.

and you certainly shouldnt be kicking people out of places until its sorted thats just wrong!

PSFbeatch

Corporal
How about, until the rules change, f@cking complying! The WO/FS who backed the cnut up should be f@cking carpeted. Yes, the rules are outdated, but until they are amended...

agreed, im merely trying to point out that rules are outdated. and i do comply.

I look like Bruce Willis

I Suck Like George Michael
AP 1358 states The hair of the head is to be kept well cut and trimmed. If a moustache is worn, the upper lip is to be entirely unshaven.

End of Thread

Blokes.

The hair of the head is to be well cut and trimmed. Sideburns are to be short and well trimmed and are not to extend below a line
running through the mid point of the ear. Extreme styles of haircuts and colouring are not permitted. If the hair is dyed or highlighted, the colour
chosen is to be natural and in a uniform shade appropriate to the individual. The commanding officer shall be the arbiter upon what is or not an
acceptable style or length of cut.

Birds.

Female personnel are to arrange their hair in a manner that permits Service Dress cap to be worn correctly; hair is not to show under the front or
peak of the cap and the style is to be kept neat and no longer than the bottom edge of the collar at the back of the Service jacket. PMRAFNS personnel
are to wear their hair off the collar when engaged in nursing duties. Extreme styles of haircuts and colouring are not permitted, if the hair is dyed or
highlighted, the colour chosen is to be natural and in a uniform shade appropriate to the individual. The commanding officer shall be the arbiter upon
what is or not an acceptable style or length of cut. Narrow fabric covered hair bands (scrunches) may be worn with working dress, but must be
inconspicuous and either of a similar colour to the hair or black. Hair bands are not to be worn on parade. Combs, when worn, must be plain and of a
similar colour to the wearer's hair. Exceptionally, when required on tasks or training which require them to wear respirators or other similar safety
equipment, females with long hair may wear their hair in a ponytail if this facilitates safe fitting of such items. When the need to wear this equipment
has passed, the hair must be put up.

PSFbeatch

Corporal
Blokes.

The hair of the head is to be well cut and trimmed. Sideburns are to be short and well trimmed and are not to extend below a line
running through the mid point of the ear. Extreme styles of haircuts and colouring are not permitted. If the hair is dyed or highlighted, the colour
chosen is to be natural and in a uniform shade appropriate to the individual. The commanding officer shall be the arbiter upon what is or not an
acceptable style or length of cut.

Birds.

Female personnel are to arrange their hair in a manner that permits Service Dress cap to be worn correctly; hair is not to show under the front or
peak of the cap and the style is to be kept neat and no longer than the bottom edge of the collar at the back of the Service jacket. PMRAFNS personnel
are to wear their hair off the collar when engaged in nursing duties. Extreme styles of haircuts and colouring are not permitted, if the hair is dyed or
highlighted, the colour chosen is to be natural and in a uniform shade appropriate to the individual. The commanding officer shall be the arbiter upon
what is or not an acceptable style or length of cut. Narrow fabric covered hair bands (scrunches) may be worn with working dress, but must be
inconspicuous and either of a similar colour to the hair or black. Hair bands are not to be worn on parade. Combs, when worn, must be plain and of a
similar colour to the wearer's hair. Exceptionally, when required on tasks or training which require them to wear respirators or other similar safety
equipment, females with long hair may wear their hair in a ponytail if this facilitates safe fitting of such items. When the need to wear this equipment
has passed, the hair must be put up.

a whole can of equal op worms, if i was said fella, i would have contested why women are allowed and not men.

Last edited: