• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Help to buy

4everAD

Sergeant
Apparently no help to buy if you're posted overseas and your family live with you. Inquired and was told the only way to qualify for the cash was to serve overseas on my own and my family move into the home purchased in the UK straight away. Now to me that doesn't give everyone a fair crack of the whip, especially as this is an initial 3 year trial so by the time I get back to the UK the scheme may have closed.

unruly1986

Sergeant
You could do it with LSAP - I bought my house whilst out in Cyprus (albeit as a singly but still overseas).

4everAD

Sergeant
QUOTE=unruly1986;603150]You could do it with LSAP - I bought my house whilst out in Cyprus (albeit as a singly but still overseas).[/QUOTE]​
True, however the point of this new scheme is that lsap wasn't cutting the mustard any more wrt being a meaningful deposit. Why can't they just amend the rules to state that the house must be occupied immediately on posting to the UK if you're overseas at time of purchase?

unruly1986

Sergeant
I think as long as it was occupied during periods of leave/standdown were the rules.

There is also the govt backed help to buy scheme which might be suitable for you.