• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Health & Safety "pc chair moving ban"

Goatherdingsplitter

Rebel without a clue
A recent article in the national press has reported that the Health & Safety Executive have banned individuals from moving their own pc chairs, but have to get a porter (which can take up to 48 hours). FFS how ridiculous is this? the reasoning being that someone may injur themselves. They are more likely to hurt themselves climbing over an offending chair that is in the fcuking way. Must remember to read the risk assessment next time some fcukwit wants the hangar re-arranging or the aircraft right-dressing. I wonder how many other visionary statements like the above are out there?

C

Chuffybum

A recent article in the national press has reported that the Health & Safety Executive have banned individuals from moving their own pc chairs, but have to get a porter (which can take up to 48 hours). FFS how ridiculous is this? the reasoning being that someone may injur themselves. They are more likely to hurt themselves climbing over an offending chair that is in the fcuking way. Must remember to read the risk assessment next time some fcukwit wants the hangar re-arranging or the aircraft right-dressing. I wonder how many other visionary statements like the above are out there?

Wasn't there another post a few weeks ago about this subject?

M

maninthevan

I've been told to write a risk assessment for our swivel chairs. Apparently they are a H&S risk due to the fact that someone may fall off one whilst wheeling theirselves around or the fact that someone 'could possibly' get run over by one... FFS!!!!! :pDT_Xtremez_25:

If a bunch of 20ish - 40ish year old people can't sit it a chuffing chair without a) falling out of it or b) killing someone with it then what the hell is the world coming to..?

Mind you we are talking about our 'Controlling friends' here so I suppose I've just answered my own question.

S

scaleywife

I've been told to write a risk assessment for our swivel chairs. Apparently they are a H&S risk due to the fact that someone may fall off one whilst wheeling theirselves around or the fact that someone 'could possibly' get run over by one... FFS!!!!! :pDT_Xtremez_25:

If a bunch of 20ish - 40ish year old people can't sit it a chuffing chair without a) falling out of it or b) killing someone with it then what the hell is the world coming to..?

Mind you we are talking about our 'Controlling friends' here so I suppose I've just answered my own question.

Its only the fact that there are stairs that stop you starting chair races yourself....You are going soft Mr MITV!