• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Has the RAF Fire Service been Disbanded?

E Flammis

LAC
I note that the modern fftr appears to march to the beat of a different drum. The last post was 2005. Perhaps we should try to attract the retired punters like myself who, on accasions, like to swing the lamp. We are not trammelled by QR's and it's principles. Existentialism rules.

br9mp81

Corporal
I note that the modern fftr appears to march to the beat of a different drum. The last post was 2005. Perhaps we should try to attract the retired punters like myself who, on accasions, like to swing the lamp. We are not trammelled by QR's and it's principles. Existentialism rules.
There are 3 RAF?DFRMO facebook pages, with good stuff like job vacancies and **** ups on, afaik if and when fire cover goes private raf fftrs will be at the forefront of cutting overtime so the contractor's make even more cash.

E Flammis

LAC
Are the 'creeping Black Death' taking over or will it be a private enterprise ? Who will provide fire cover when detached out of area ? Sorry, have lost contact with the trade; reunions ... a waste of rations.

6A1

SAC
Are the 'creeping Black Death' taking over or will it be a private enterprise ? Who will provide fire cover when detached out of area ? Sorry, have lost contact with the trade; reunions ... a waste of rations.

Met a U/T fireman today at Halton who is awaiting his Manston course, so it looks like they are still recruiting!

Late & Tired

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
Im keeping an eye out on Ebay for any trend in the increasing number of Volleyball Nets being sold...

stingray888

Sergeant
Read in Private Eye magazine last month that mod fire services will be tendered out to Serco or Crapita next year. ie death sentence.

E Flammis

LAC
The Mod have drafted the rundown plan for the RAF Fire Service. It is named a 'Capability Resouces Action Plan'. Better known by its initials CRAP 😀

E Flammis

LAC
The term 'Fireman' Sam our favourite cartoon character has been declared sexist and will be replaced with Firefighter Sam. The term Firefighter, a gender neutral designation, has replaced the old fashioned word. Where will it end ? Methinks postman Pat will be next on the agenda.