• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Has the procedure for day 00 changed?

M

MikeS

Hello, someone I know has just passed her final interview a couple of weeks after me and she said that she was told the procedure on day 00 has changed, and recruits will now perform the fitness test first (if you fail you go home) then those who are successful attest and do everything else after.

If this is correct, will I need to take my own PT gear to do the test in, also does this have any effect on relatives briefing day?

I will contact my AFCO about this tomorrow but I just wanted to ask on here in case anyone could shed some light on the situation. Thanks in advance.

Realist78

Master of my destiny
Hello, someone I know has just passed her final interview a couple of weeks after me and she said that she was told the procedure on day 00 has changed, and recruits will now perform the fitness test first (if you fail you go home) then those who are successful attest and do everything else after.

If this is correct, will I need to take my own PT gear to do the test in, also does this have any effect on relatives briefing day?

I will contact my AFCO about this tomorrow but I just wanted to ask on here in case anyone could shed some light on the situation. Thanks in advance.

I've probably missed something but what is that about? (Please don't respond with 'it's about briefing relatives').

MattBombHead

Sergeant
Ok, first things first... The Attestation procedure MAY be changing, and yes, the fitness test MAY become a pre-requisite prior to attestation. I'd appreciate it if you could let us know what the AFCO said...

Realist - The relatives briefing day is a chance for Parents and spouces to witness the Attestation ceremony. The are also given various briefs so that they have a better appreciation of what the Recruits will be going through over the course of Recruit Training.

Last edited:
M

MrsR

I was the one that had my final interview yesterday (Oxford AFCO) and the Sergent there told us we would be doing the fitness test before attestation and if we did not pass the fitness test to the 100% RAFFT we would be sent home.

But I also have no idea if I am doing a Pre-Conditioning Course or not I don't know if you know if I will be? I have been told it has been scraped and the last one will be 28th September.

M

MakkaPakka1

I'm sure if there were any major changes happening then you will have been duly informed. Enjoy Halton.

R

rob1982

I'm sure if there were any major changes happening then you will have been duly informed. Enjoy Halton.

A few of us that are starting on the 9th of November would like confirmation on this, thats all MakkaPakka1.
Kind regards,

Rob

MattBombHead

Sergeant
A few of us that are starting on the 9th of November would like confirmation on this, thats all MakkaPakka1.
Kind regards,

Rob

Rob, and anyone else who's reading...

The Day 00 programme has not changed.

Candidates/ Recrits will be informed by their AFCO (and more than likely on PRTC as well) when and if the Day 00 procedure changes.

I will also try and get the word out on here if possible.

R

rob1982

Rob, and anyone else who's reading...

The Day 00 programme has not changed.

Candidates/ Recrits will be informed by their AFCO (and more than likely on PRTC as well) when and if the Day 00 procedure changes.

I will also try and get the word out on here if possible.

Thank you, I'll pass this on.
Kind regards,

Rob