• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

GYH(T)

I own and live with the fam in my own house 190 miles from my unit. During the working week I live in the mess and commute home after I have finished the weeks’ working days- typically 3 days- i.e. commute to the unit Friday night, work Sat/Mon/Tues, commute home Tues night.

My unit have said I can claim GYH (T) and this will be £6.73 per day. No access to Modnet at home so could anyone say for sure how this allowance works? Is it paid for each day of a month?

Last edited:

Rugby-Jock-Lad

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
I own and live with the fam in my own house 190 miles from my unit. During the working week I live in the mess and commute home after I have finished the weeks’ working days- typically 3 days- i.e. commute to the unit Friday night, work Sat/Mon/Tues, commute home Tues night.

My unit have said I can claim GYH (T) and this will be £6.73 per day. No access to Modnet at home so could anyone say for sure home this allowance works? Is it paid for each day of a month?

Available online from Government internet site. GYH(T) rates on page 3-1-15.

Hope this helps.

GOV1

LAC
I’ve had it for years, you are paid a daily rate full stop, that includes any courses.

Only stops if you go on a detachment or OOA, my only question is what happens when on resettlement / terminal leave.

Worry about that after!