• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

GYH Question

Captain Kirk

Corporal
Could any HR gurus answer a question please?
I get that GYHP is to get you back to your home twice a month. I was in receipt for many years whilst I toured at different Stations in the south whilst the Mrs brought the kids up in the north east.
I’ve recently chatted with youngsters getting on the market who will travel back to their houses like I did. Council tax, utilities are required as evidence of ownership, but they’re now going to have to provide shopping receipts/ fuel receipts to prove they actually do go home.
Is this a rumour or is it becoming that anal?

Rugby-Jock-Lad

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
Hi CK.

BUTTING IN..

I think you and I know this would not be a surprise.

How's resettlement??

Regards..RJL

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
Does the allowance require you travel twice a month or provide the funds to allow you too.

Either way sounds totally anal because receipts would be pretty easy to get even if your lad didn't travel and anyway the allowance wont cover the full costs of the travel anyway.

Captain Kirk

Corporal
Hi CK.

BUTTING IN..

I think you and I know this would not be a surprise.

How's resettlement??

Regards..RJL
Hi RJL,

I left last year and didn’t get much resettlement due to COVID shutting everything down.
Life is chilled; I made the right decision. Civvy street is good, even with HR people not getting the humour we breed whilst in!

Captain Kirk

Corporal
Does the allowance require you travel twice a month or provide the funds to allow you too.

Either way sounds totally anal because receipts would be pretty easy to get even if your lad didn't travel and anyway the allowance wont cover the full costs of the travel anyway.
I’m hoping it’s a wind up rumour, but sadly there’s always a Commissioned type trying to fk something to get noticed!
You might know, there’s a government case to forcibly buy one quarter back to prove the concept they can buy all of them back. Is that because the New Housing Model is going to be too expensive?
Was read in the papers, so may be nonsense.