• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Gunner Course

Goose

LAC
Hi,

Firstly i would like to thank everyone for all the information on this site, its been a big help answering my questions and giving me an insight into what lies ahead.

One question i still have though, is about the Gunners training course. I was wondering if there is any weekend leave after the 3 day leave on week 4, 18 weeks seems like quite a long time to be away from home in a training environment, especially as places like ITC Catterick allow most weekends off after week 6. But then again i shouldnt be worrying about that if i expect to be spending 6 months away on operations.

Thanks for any or all answers.

T

TOM tranche1

To be honest unless you do something drastically wrong, nearly every weekend will be your own, eg local leave. On my course, we had home leave about 4 times i think. To be honest you will likely be busy making new mates/drinking in the pub/out buying kit, and before you know it, you are back at work.:pDT_Xtremez_27: