• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Grand National 2021

Spearmint

Ex-Harrier Mafia Member
1000+ Posts
That annual smorgasbord of winners, losers and Pritt-Stick / Tescos lasagne donars is upon us in a few short hours.

This is actually the 1st year I've put a few bets on for the wife, son and I as it was historically done so for all of us by my dad, who really liked his Horse Racing. Covid seen fit to end him early approximately a year ago so it felt kind of fitting to perform this role this time around.

The horses have been picked purely by that 'funny feeling' you get when scrolling through their names with 'Mr Malarky' (My dad reminded my wife of Rik Mayall in 'Man Down'), 'Bristol De Mai' (our home - roughly) and 'Any Second Now' for my sons shite timekeeping, so who is betting on what and why?

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
I don't bet or follow the horses but seemingly there is one called "cloth cap" so as a proper northerner if I did have a punt I would be putting my dosh on that particular dobbin.

Last edited:

Rugby-Jock-Lad

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
Cloth Cap and Acapella something or another here. Don't usually bet but Missus likes it so something different :)!!

Late & Tired

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
Had a quick flip through the runners, but couldn't find 'Flange wrecker' listed.
I'll keep my fiver in my pocket this year...

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Coming from a family of Yorkshire farmers, I grew up with horse racing and talk of form, weight, jockeys, trainers etc but it still grates me that one of them was [again] put down after a fall. A common gripe after the National but one that seems to be proved out year in year out.

Past Engineering

Sergeant
Subscriber
Wife and I have a flutter every year and one of her chosen ones was Jett, which led almost from the start and went from 1st to 8th at the last two fences, missed out on £147. One of mine, Any Second Now, came 3rd with the princely sum of £7.50 winnings, the rest fell or were pulled up like the favourite Cloth Cap did, another of wife's choices.