• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Goodbye, goodbye, goodbye.....

Teh Wal

Flight Sergeant
...for today was my last day of service (all 28 years, 2 months and 9 days of 'em) to Queen and Country :pDT_Xtremez_28:

I've had highs and lows (who hasn't?) but overall I've got to say that I've had an absolute beezer of a time with memories that will stay with me til my dying day. On a very personal (and cabbagey) level my proudest moment was in achieving a campaign medal for GW1 - therefore following in the footsteps of my father, grandfather and great-grandfather in participating in various wars/conflicts around the globe over the years.

I've met and worked with some of the best people that humanity could possibly come up with, and then there are the one's who are a complete waste of skin. Fortunately the ones that tilt the scales the most are the good ones ::D:

And so to quote (well, para-phrase really I spose;)) a well known hobbit:
"My dear Airmen, Airwomen and Gentlemen, I am immensely proud to have served amongst you all, I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and like less than half of you half as well as you deserve. Thank you all very much. Farewell."

Take care all, especially when out in sandy climes, come home safe.

Last edited:
P

pie sandwich

you old knacker:pDT_Xtremez_14:

I was 10 months old when you joined the RAF and I left last month after doing 12 years.

I bet that makes you feel old:pDT_Xtremez_30:

Sospan

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
Well done fella !

But on todays rata you have been on leave for over 2.3 years......

theladf

Cynic & Conspiracy Theorist
Good fortune in whatever comes your way, from another ex-serviceman who has celebrated his first anniversary of civviedom 5 days ago:pDT_Xtremez_19:

Harry B'Stard

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
Congratulations

Congratulations

Congrats on the promotion to Mister!:pDT_Xtremez_30:

Shame you couldn't have stayed in one more day, you could've helped us celebrate the 90th birthday!:pDT_Xtremez_28:

Best of luck in the future...

ATB from HTB

B

bigfella

You'll love it in civi land!

I'm not one of those dudes that hated my time in the mob but I did 22 and now after two years I only miss one thing.

Free socks! the wooly boot socks - ace! Can't get a sock that last like em.

Good luck!:pDT_Xtremez_30:

Last edited:

Past Engineering

Sergeant
Subscriber
Well done, welcome to this side of the fence, I am now in a job that has promoted me once, is a good wage with a development pay rise every year on top on any company pay rise, one more promotion to go and that is as high as I want to be, having reached the grand old age of 55 last year my pension has gone up a little bit as well :pDT_Xtremez_30: .

Like everyone else has said, loved my 31 years (2 years training, 29 serving), had great times, got me medal as well for 91 GW (wont call it GW1, as my dad had the same medal as I got for an earlier time in the middle east) but all in all I am back at home and happy.

tats

Sergeant
you old knacker:pDT_Xtremez_14:

I was 10 months old when you joined the RAF and I left last month after doing 12 years.

I bet that makes you feel old:pDT_Xtremez_30:

I wasn't even thought of, let alone born when he started, now that's gotta make him feel old :pDT_Xtremez_31:

Hope you like your life out of the RAF Teh Wal!

Tashy_Man

Tashied Goatee
Welcome to the real world.......I'm only recently out last month but i was still in junior school when you joined....feck me.....you deserve a break !

Crack on.................:pDT_Xtremez_09:

roverboy

Trekkie Nerd
Good luck mate. We'll always have Deci - oh, and the time you embarrassed me by revealing my passion for a certain Mrs Domini!!

Shugster

Warrant Officer
Welcome to the free World! Except it isn't that free anymore.:pDT_Xtremez_26:

What a feeling.... handing in your kit, driving out the gate for the last time.:pDT_Xtremez_30:

C

Captain Gatso

Gongrats on becoming a mister again, after 28 years. I left just under a month ago and it still feels weird even now. Good luck out there.:pDT_Xtremez_28:

T93

Sergeant
Congrats.

Congrats.

Congratulations on making the finishing line:pDT_Xtremez_30:

Great feeling leaving the main gate behind you for the last time...especially in my case, as it was Odihams barriers that I could see in my rear view haha. What a feeling! I was not even posted onto the unit/squadrons. I was only accommodated at that sh*thole, and it depressed me.

I do remember the SWO though. Reputed to have One glass eye, and everybody trying to work out which was his blindside hehehe.

Anyway. I digress. All the best for the future.

JL.

Teh Wal

Flight Sergeant
Good luck mate. We'll always have Deci - oh, and the time you embarrassed me by revealing my passion for a certain Mrs Domini!!
Sorry....who are ya?!!!

:pDT_Xtremez_31: Good times matey, good times.

Cheers all for the best wishes.... and I aint old.....I'm just not..as.....young.....as.... I ....used to be! :pDT_Xtremez_42:

T

tartan warrior

Good luck

Good luck

Good luck on the outside. Enjoy the quite life:pDT_Xtremez_28: