• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Goodbye from Sandbag

Sandbag

LAC
Well Ladies and gents after 37 years and 4 months I have finally reached my last working day. :pDT_Xtremez_19:

After a bit of re-settlement training I finally hand over my F1250 (Still do not understand MOD F Nos) in March.:pDT_Xtremez_35:

Many thanks to everyone that I have worked with over the years, too many to mention by name but you all know who you are. It has been an honour to have served with some fantastic people. As each year has gone our family has got smaller and smaller (150K in 1972!), but we still always manage to step up to the plate and get the job done.

Good luck to you all, I'm off now to my final interview with OC LATCC (Mil), and then it’s off home……:)

Sandbag...

Ex-Bay

SNAFU master
Subscriber
Well Ladies and gents after 37 years and 4 months I have finally reached my last working day. :pDT_Xtremez_19:

After a bit of re-settlement training I finally hand over my F1250 (Still do not understand MOD F Nos) in March.:pDT_Xtremez_35:

Many thanks to everyone that I have worked with over the years, too many to mention by name but you all know who you are. It has been an honour to have served with some fantastic people. As each year has gone our family has got smaller and smaller (150K in 1972!), but we still always manage to step up to the plate and get the job done.

Good luck to you all, I'm off now to my final interview with OC LATCC (Mil), and then it’s off home……:)

Sandbag...

May you have a long & happy retirement.

P

pie sandwich

I am gonna be the first to say this "was Pontius a pilot when you joined?".

I must say 37 years is a long time, I bet it still feels like yesterday when you joined up.

Don't forget to keep all the good bits of kit rather than hand them back, you never know when a pair of overalls will come in handy in the shed or under the car. And the rest sell to walts on ebay.

I do hope you enjoy putting your feet up, and going down the legion on a sunday afternoon in a blazer and RAF tie :pDT_Xtremez_14:

All the best Mucka

MontyPlumbs

Squadron Cock
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Fcuking hell Sandbag, you must have done the B/F on Icarus!! :pDT_Xtremez_14::pDT_Xtremez_14:

Seriously, good luck for the future and enjoy your retirement!

MP

G

gemarriott

Good luck mate, it's uphill from here, or is that downhill? whatever it is enjoy the rest:pDT_Xtremez_14:

G

grumpyoldb

Well done, Sandbag. You must've joined the year before me. You certainly stayed the course. "Respect"! :pDT_Xtremez_14:

Good luck for the future, sir!

Congrats on your promotion!!! 37 years - Well done, the only thing in history longer than that is Newcastle wining a trophy (Bet you feel well old now)

Teh Wal

Flight Sergeant
Well done, congratulations and good luck for your future life Mr Sandbag.

My great uncle Charlie left the mob in 1977 (-ish) having worked his way up to W.O. - he was "left behind" at Dunkirk/Northern France in 1940 when the officers of the squadron fecked off home in their winged assault vehicles: apparently the OC of the squadron ordered that that the groundcrew be left behind even though there was space in the aircraft for some, but not all, of them: the OC became a (rather successful) politician after the war but my Great-uncle always despised him. Charlie and many of the sqn g/c made it home via western France eventually. My Uncle Charlie was an inspiration for me, he was as pleased as punch when I joined up in 1980.

And so I have always held a certain respect for those members of our family (the RAF family, not my personal family!) who reach the rank of Wobbly Orange - most deserve it, some do the job rather well, some don't have a clue and others... well, there are others! :pDT_Xtremez_21:

Last edited:

GD on Wheels

Sergeant

Sandbag...
If I am right our paths must have crossed some time.