• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Good television

rocket scientist

Sergeant
Anybody watching any good television lately? I thought I'd start a good tele thread instead of just mentioning programs individually if that seems like a good idea?

To kick the thread off, I loved Taboo which has just ended.

I've also started watching SSGB, having read the book a few years and I'm finding it quite hard going so far. There have been a couple of discussions in the media about historical gaffs in SSGB such as the wrong mark of Spitfire and the fact that the MoD wasn't referred to as such until way after the war but for me, the big clanger this week was the scene that took place in a 2nd generation HAS :pDT_Xtremez_42:

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Broadchurch was back last night and just as good as ever...Tennent turns anything he touches to gold.

ninjarabbi

Warrant Officer
Broadchurch was back last night and just as good as ever...Tennent turns anything he touches to gold.

Really? I watched about 5 minutes of one episode and thought it was some of the worst acting he's done, Coleman wasn't up to much either.

On the subject of SS-GB I'm afraid the ridiculous voice the main character affected put me off completely. The only single jewel in the ****e that the studio's are pouring is 'Endeavour'. Excellent acting and solid storylines (and Dakota Blue Richards).

ktuludays

LAC
Check out some of the Walter presents foreign dramas on c4. Currently watching "case" from iceland and have "swingers" after that.

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

FOMz

Warrant Officer
Latest series of Homeland is good....

If you have access to it Deutschland 83 is still available through More4/All4

The Tunnel series 1&2 are worth a watch.

ninjarabbi

Warrant Officer

I'll see your Tunnel series and raise it with The Bridge series 1 and 2.

PraiseBacon

Sergeant
I enjoyed "the man in the high castle" - even finding the second series better than the first

"Mr Robot" also held my interest for quite a while - a few weak individual episodes - but overall it was very good..

justintime129

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
I enjoyed "the man in the high castle" - even finding the second series better than the first

"Mr Robot" also held my interest for quite a while - a few weak individual episodes - but overall it was very good..
Bosch another top series from Amazon The only criticism is that having read all the books I would have preferred 3or 4,episodes for one book instead of taking one book and adding references to other books during the series.

It seems Netflix and Amazon are taking over from the major American networks in producing good quality TV shows.

Still can't beat svu fof quality.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Reading this thread it appears some of you spend time watching channels that aren't dedicated to some form of sport.

Max Reheat

Resident Drunk
1000+ Posts

Really? I think this is the worst series yet. For me it went downhill when Carrie became the main event, I can't stand her character.

Ill probably get grief for this but I love watching Holby. There's some great characters in there and a good dose of humour for a hospital drama. And the odd bit of milf and eye candy thrown in.

rocket scientist

Sergeant
Ill probably get grief for this but I love watching Holby. There's some great characters in there and a good dose of humour for a hospital drama. And the odd bit of milf and eye candy thrown in.
That Jac Naylor's my favourite, in a "I'm in charge and you're not going until I'm satisfied" kind of way.

Did anyone watch "The Replacement" last night?

briggfairy

Sergeant
I'd recommend Game of Thrones (if you've not already seen it), a massive massive series.

for a comedy i'd go with parks and recreation (the first few episodes are a bit meh but stick with it)

Vikings is another great series, very easy to binge watch.

I'f you've got amazon prime take a look at halt and catch fire or sneaky pete

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Really? I think this is the worst series yet. For me it went downhill when Carrie became the main event, I can't stand her character.

I like Holby. The grey haired Consultant character is the exact Meyers-Briggs character to me and if he was real and in my work place my arm would get tired punching his podgy nicey nicey fcuking face...

I'm better now.

ninjarabbi

Warrant Officer
Reading this thread it appears some of you spend time watching channels that aren't dedicated to some form of sport.

When they finally develop a channel entirely devoted to women's wrestling and beach volleyball I'll start watching sport again.

sid the squid

Sergeant
thought that the missing 2 was fantastic, some of the best acting i have seen for a long time and a really good story which helps Unforgotten series 2 was as above.
Fortitude, liked the first one but hmmm not too sure about the second series was defo a bit weird.
As for broadchurch i liked the first episode, very disturbing but well acted, cant wait for the outcome.

If anyone thinks the acting is poor in any of the above try watching any soap and then you will truly see horrific ham acting (watch their eyes you can see them reading of cue cards/auto cues etc, and its got worse and worse......

ninjarabbi

Warrant Officer
The last time I watched a soap it was actually called 'Soap'. If you've never seen it the show it was one of the funniest and intelligent comedies the Yanks televised.

PraiseBacon

Sergeant
Another one for Firestick users - Black Sails is well worth a watch, particularly the early series.. Or being honest, the plot and acting are OK (certainly watchable), but the levels of female nudity are spectacular (far more than GoT, and way more violence as well).. But then, much of the plot is set in the whore house the pirates frequent

FOMz

Warrant Officer
The re-makes of Poldark is worth a watch...and I look like him, so its like looking in the mirror for me.

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
The re-makes of Poldark is worth a watch...and I look like him, so its like looking in the mirror for me.

He and most of the cast stay in a hotel just down the way from us...you can smell the gwar even when the tide is out and the seaweed strong!