• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Going on Ops in Final two years

Joe_90

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
If you haven't been pinged by the time your last year starts then you shouldn't go, but the excuse "operational reasons" has been used in the past and will be used again in the future.

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
My idiot of a boss made sure I was away on ops whilst t'missus was at home packing boxes for us to move to our new life....The idiot.

C

CC

It's the last 12 months they ideally shouldn't use you, which is written in the AP somewhere. But with 2 years to go, you are still fair game!

230Tiger

Sergeant
I nearly got dicked for a spell OOA in my last few months of service! I would have returned about a week after my final batch of leave (terminal & annual) had started, let alone any post Op leave!
Strange, but an old war wound started playing up again!!
I would have been more than happy at any other time but they could go feck themselves that late, i had a new life in a new country to sort out!!

Boarderlyne

Sergeant
Did my last OOA last year and came back with 18 months left to do, so you are fair game until that last 6 months. Got to love those drafters...