• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Going for Commission.

Evening all,

Currently an aircraft techie and looking at possibly going to the dark side. Anyone know what is involved with the engineering officer training? I know I have IOT and Cosford but not sure of length of courses etc.

Thanks folks.

I am currently about to start my dissertation for a foundation degree in Mechanical engineering. Looking to go for commission in the next year or so. I know you can go to Cosford and do a foundation degree in aeronautical engineering prior to IOT or so I've been told. Any info appreciated. Thanks.

Stevienics

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
This is all possible, and it is a pinch branch and it is open. I understand from talking to a course visiting a secret Lincolnshire Lancaster base this week that they are shaving the course to death to get people out of the door.

You might be best calling upon your flight commander first and asking him for the info. If he's worth his salt, he'll steer you right

Joe_90

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
Mate, contact the AFCO, they've got the most up to date info at any time.