• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

GM Recall?

G

Gord

I don't know if this is a world wide recall or just a North American one but GM have a recall out for their cars made between 2004 and I believe the present for a faulty ignition switch that can turn itself off whenever it takes the notion. So far there have been a couple o' hundred accidents and 13 deaths blamed on this switch as once it triggers, it kills your power steering, power brakes and air bags leaving you prone to all sorts of nasties.

If you own a GM vehicle that is covered by the years I mentioned, you might want to check with your dealer or whichever transportation safety board governs this sort of thing in your country to see if this recall affects you.