• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Glastonbury tickets

Status
Not open for further replies.

MingMong

Warrant Officer
Remeber a while back, there were a couple of threads complaining about touts selling tickets for the big events on e-bay?
well, it seems that the organisers of Glastonbury have done something to stop this.
To buy tickets for this year's Glasto, you had to pre-register on their website and send them a photo of yourself. All the tickets issued will have a photo of the purchaser printed on it and access will be denied if you don't match the photo.
This strikes me as being an awesome idea, because one look on ebay will show absolutely no Glasto tickets on sale.
I can understand there could be problems if you can't make it for some reason, but you know the risk before you buy the ticket.

Good show Glastonbury :pDT_Xtremez_28:

M

mad_mo

To buy tickets for this year's Glasto, you had to pre-register on their website and send them a photo of yourself. All the tickets issued will have a photo of the purchaser printed on it and access will be denied if you don't match the photo.
This strikes me as being an awesome idea, because one look on ebay will show absolutely no Glasto tickets on sale.
Good show Glastonbury :pDT_Xtremez_28:

I actually thought the photo thing was a wind up!. As for eBay, Michael Eavis
and his outfit are no doubt registered with eBay's VERO programme. Anything suss will be removed quite rapidly.

M

mad_mo

I thought it was a windup too, but it's in black and white (or black and green) on their website.

HERE

Bloody hell, it's true!. What a cracking idea,and did you notice there is no sample image of a ticket on the website. A further attempt to twart the Touts! :pDT_Xtremez_30:

firestorm

Warrant Officer
Boy! The tickets went quick!
Shame though, as it's a fantastic weekend......(I think) it's all a bit of a blur:pDT_Xtremez_42:

Status
Not open for further replies.