• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Glasgow Airport Lounge

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Toying with the idea of paying for the Sky Holiday Airport lounge in Glasgow next month...they want £49 for the four of us for 3 hours but if you add up a couple of rounds of drinks in an airport and a fish sandwich you ain't far off that figure...

My question is has anyone used this facility recently and if so what was it like?...looked at Tripadvisor etc and the last threads, which were complementory to be fair, were from '09 so looking for some up to date poop...

StickyFingers

Sergeant
I used one at Gatwick. Thing I found is you don't walk round spending money in the departure lounge on food and the like and I fully got my moneys worth with all the Beer I drank and muffins I smashed down my neck. Make sure you don't leave until you last call at the gate too. Saves mingling with the common pepole.

stereolab

Station Cashier
Lounge

Lounge

Toying with the idea of paying for the Sky Holiday Airport lounge in Glasgow next month...they want £49 for the four of us for 3 hours but if you add up a couple of rounds of drinks in an airport and a fish sandwich you ain't far off that figure...

My question is has anyone used this facility recently and if so what was it like?...looked at Tripadvisor etc and the last threads, which were complementory to be fair, were from '09 so looking for some up to date poop...

I used the lounge in April en-route to BKK,some minor works were being carried out them but only small disruption. Lounge is/was quite small but is furnished to a high standard, with plenty of nibbles and drinks,internet access terminals are also available,certainly worth the requested £49, staff were very polite, as they should be off course.
Remember though its quite a trek to your gate.

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Thanks for the feedback SL...I reckon I'm going to go for it...I only got 7.5 days holiday pro rata (untilo end of August) with my new employer so we can only squeeze in a week away with a couple of half days here and there during the summer hols so I reckon the holiday has to start as early as possible with a couple of bottles of chard, a mans portion of nibbles and a pint of bloody Mary in the lounge!

Stevienics

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
Thanks for the feedback SL...I reckon I'm going to go for it...I only got 7.5 days holiday pro rata (untilo end of August) with my new employer so we can only squeeze in a week away with a couple of half days here and there during the summer hols so I reckon the holiday has to start as early as possible with a couple of bottles of chard, a mans portion of nibbles and a pint of bloody Mary in the lounge!

An excellent philosophy, if I may. Whenever we go long haul for leisure I have no issue paying more and going easy, be it through lounges, car uand hotel upgrades, with valet parking or in business class. The rationale is clear; if you have just 1/16th of your working life dedicated to relaxation, why lose another 3-4 days of that treating yourself and your family like a turd.

Any fool can be uncomfortable.

stereolab

Station Cashier
Lounges

Lounges

Stevienics makes a very good point, travel is nauseating enough, so anything to make your life more pleasant is a no-brainer. Unfortunately, I am tee-total so cannot take as much advantage as some others. Changed days indeed.

Jaymac

Sergeant
Vim,

Not sure if you have booked it yet but if you click on this linky thing there's 10% discount available.

Bear in mind (if you're a smoker) that to access the loung you need to pass through security and onec through the fascists won't let you back out for a puff.

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Vim,

Not sure if you have booked it yet but if you click on this linky thing there's 10% discount available.

Bear in mind (if you're a smoker) that to access the loung you need to pass through security and onec through the fascists won't let you back out for a puff.

I hadn't yet and it did! Well done you. I will drink £4.90 of ale in your honour this weekend...

Jaymac

Sergeant
I hadn't yet and it did! Well done you. I will drink £4.90 of ale in your honour this weekend...

I assume you also took the 10% on the parking and/or the hotel, in which case you have permission to drink in excess of a fiver's worth:pDT_Xtremez_14:.

justintime129

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
I have a money jar for my holidays, pays for a taxi or car parking at the airport, meals before the flight etc. The lounge will be another thing it will be paying for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tashy_Man

Tashied Goatee
https://www.prioritypass.com/CPC/Of...d=5340257658&gclid=CPj5tam5zqkCFYUY4QodcnLbMg

I used to have one of these when I worked in Saudi (used to fly out of Bahrain), so well worth it.

10 "free" visits at £14 each; ask yourself "Can I shift more than £14 of booze per visit ?? Errrrrr,........you bet.

We get them free through our employers....always nice if you have a few spare hours...Jo'burg is especially nice (their champers is great). I also normally make sure I'm at aberdeen in ample time to make use of the facilities :)

Crack on................:pDT_Xtremez_09:

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Once flying from LGW up to INV with a ticket that got me into the BA lounge I arranged to get dropped off 4 hours early for the flight to really really get the benefit out of it!

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Vim,

The link in this post still works for 10% off.... Result!

Funky

LAC
Virgin Lounge at Heathrow

Virgin Lounge at Heathrow

My Wife managed to sort out access to the Virgin Lounge at Heathrow last time we went away and I have to be fair it was bloody brilliant. Free beauty or massage treatment. I obviously went for the massage. Two bars with some very knowledgble mixologists, a very nice restaurant loads of comfy chairs and a laptop station. Well recommended.

PraiseBacon

Sergeant
Have a quick check of your bank account 'extras' as well..

RBS / NatWest & Barclays certainly both offer lounge access as part of their packaged account offering.

At the moment i'm doing 4 flight legs a week on a contract, the 12 qid a month for the account more than offsets 18 lounge visits a month, and as an aside, also replaced the smartphone i dropped after a few sherberts...